• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Gustaf

Reaction score
Only if it would look like this…

View attachment 1800596

Nice. What boot and leather is that?

According to C&J, Baker’s Russian Grain is exclusive to them. It comes only in Black and Vintage Brown. I’d be interested in the latter. The leather in your pic looks more red? The perforated toe cap would be interesting to see on a Coniston.

Inspo pic (Radnor 4):

98A73947-080C-420F-8538-16659F7F966C.jpeg

Old post:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to C&J, Baker’s Russian Grain is exclusive to them. It comes only in Black and Vintage Brown. I’d be interested in the latter. The leather in your pic looks more red? The perforated toe cap would be interesting to see on a Coniston.

Inspo pic (Radnor 4):

View attachment 1800606

Old post:
That's inaccurate. Many makers have access to the Bakers Russian Calf

Gustaf

Reaction score
That's inaccurate. Many makers have access to the Bakers Russian Calf

This is from C&J’s website:

I suspect their website may feature old copy (as an example, the Radnor 4 is discontinued). Exclusive or not makes no difference to me though. The more the merrier!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d be in for a Baker’s Russian grain. I regret not joining in the Islay GMTO. I’d be in for a Islay or another model.

I already have 2 coniston boots and the Lindrick. Radnor 4 looks good, perhaps with a straight tip cap if feasible.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots comin’, yo!!

Just heard from Lauren that she expects to receive the first pairs of the J&FJ Baker’s RC Islays by the end of the week.

After performing QC steps and packaging, she could begin shipping them as early as next week. 🥳 🎉 🍾
I’m going to be so sad this week 🥲

Coolhand0302

Reaction score

Inspo pic (Radnor 4):

View attachment 1800606

Old post:
It’s a bespoke punched cap toe derby boot by Japanese shoemaker T. Shirakashi, but the leather is J&FJ Baker’s Russian grain calf…

Gustaf

Reaction score
I’d be in for a Baker’s Russian grain. I regret not joining in the Islay GMTO. I’d be in for a Islay or another model.

I already have 2 coniston boots and the Lindrick. Radnor 4 looks good, perhaps with a straight tip cap if feasible.

As long as we are talking Russian Grain I would prefer the Coniston. If on the other hand we were to discuss Zug, I would prefer the Snowdon over the Radnor, to get the Veldtschoen construction. I would also want a faux cap, even though it compromises water resistance. Snowdon and Radnor are very similar otherwise, aren't they? I might consider joining a Snowdon in RG though.

It’s a bespoke punched cap toe derby boot by Japanese shoemaker T. Shirakashi, but the leather is J&FJ Baker’s Russian grain calf…

I could live with that boot. But wouldn't you come close to that look with the Coniston in RG on a black sole? Don't know if C&J can make a punched cap though.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as we are talking Russian Grain I would prefer the Coniston. If on the other hand we were to discuss Zug, I would prefer the Snowdon over the Radnor, to get the Veldtschoen construction. I would also want a faux cap, even though it compromises water resistance. Snowdon and Radnor are very similar otherwise, aren't they? I might consider joining a Snowdon in RG though.

I could live with that boot. But wouldn't you come close to that look with the Coniston in RG on a black sole? Don't know if C&J can make a punched cap though.
I’d might be in for the Snowden in Zug or Russian, I’m fine with either leather since I don’t have both and preferably in a Islay, but I’m open to models I don’t have yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads