• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

orionz06

Reaction score
Proposal #3 (draft, revision 2):
  • Style: Coniston
  • Last: 325
  • Material: Shell Cordovan
  • Colour: a) Whiskey, or b) Brown
  • Welt: Storm Welt, Dark Brown, Leather Notched
  • Sole Unit: a) Dainite studded, or b) Ridgeway
  • Midsole: Dark Brown Leather
  • Edge Colour: Dark Brown
  • Eyelets/Hooks: Vintage Brass (4 each)
  • Width: E
Rev 2: Colours updated.

Please add your preferences (mine is 3aa but any combo would be OK). Inspo pics welcome too.

Who is on board so far?
I gotta ponder this one. I'm super stuck on the lighter shells, but I might just move a pair or two of shell Vibergs and double down on C&J.

The green Coniston.... MMMMMM....

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I gotta ponder this one. I'm super stuck on the lighter shells, but I might just move a pair or two of shell Vibergs and double down on C&J.

The green Coniston.... MMMMMM....
That green RO Coniston does look tasty, doesn’t it?

If you sign on, we’d only need 1 more to head to production… just saying…. 😉

3BC078E8-D594-4448-8884-9667B50008E5.jpeg

adrs1157

Reaction score
Brand new and recent pics for reference.
2018-03-14_14-56-47_884-jpeg.941203

4rxv1vhjshotvj6svj7bfw-jpg.1573354

e4ed87c7-9360-496b-ad15-4e578aa10078-jpeg.1705737
So good! Slightly different, but I've regretted missing the few runs of green roughout conistons that Todd Snyder did. Kept visiting the page but refused to buy because of the absurd price premium for C&J at American retailers.

But damn they do be looking good

Gustaf

Reaction score
Update on possible Coniston GMTOs, for those interested (based on input from C&J):

Veldtschoen is a no go. It requires a completely different pattern to be cut compared to a regular welted shoe due to the difference in construction. The only Veldtschoen pattern for boots is the Snowdon.

Russian Grain from J&FJ Baker & Co is a possibility.

Zug with a half bellows tongue may also be an option, but is probably only available in burgundy.

Of these two I am most interested in Russian Grain in vintage brown.

Yay or nay?

Do we know where they source their ZUG leather? Is it European tannery or Horween?

I don't, sorry. Perhaps someone else does, or I can ask the next time I talk to C&J.
They won't disclose this information. @shoeinvestor already tried to get that information when we organized last Snowdon in ZUG which was successfully closed and ETA is in June I believe. FYI their ZUG is Oxblood. It is brown leather with reddish undertone but varies batch to batch as how much reddish it is.

Gustaf

Reaction score
They won't disclose this information. @shoeinvestor already tried to get that information when we organized last Snowdon in ZUG which was successfully closed and ETA is in June I believe. FYI their ZUG is Oxblood. It is brown leather with reddish undertone but varies batch to batch as how much reddish it is.

Didn't know about that GMTO. Looking forward to pictures when they arrive. I would consider Zug for an MTO if I knew beforehand what the particular batch looks like, which I guess is not possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads