• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

aldenfan

Reaction score
Signed up for the shell Chelsea. Would love to see it made.
Have you had any Ridgeway soles before, and do you know how they compare to the Dainite ones? I have liked Dainite ones and I'd like to know about Ridgeway durability and if it is comparable.

acgascoigne

Reaction score
Have you had any Ridgeway soles before, and do you know how they compare to the Dainite ones? I have liked Dainite ones and I'd like to know about Ridgeway durability and if it is comparable.
I haven't got a pair with Ridgeway soles. I do have a lot of pairs with Dainite and a few with Commando soles and I believe Ridgeway are somewhere between them in terms of weight and traction. I generally prefer the Commando for boots as I sometimes find Dainite more slippery than I'd like in wet Melbourne weather. Would love to give Ridgeway a try.

nareichert

Reaction score
I was lamenting the lack of a shell cordovan chelsea 5, decided to search, and just happened across this. Is this an ongoing effort still and what does the lead times look like before getting an order in? I have definitely blown my shoe budget this and next month, but would definitely be interested in this makeup if future budget permits.
Lead time is about 4 months. I put together the GMTO, but had a kid shortly after. I’ll get back to promoting it. Let’s make it happen.

nareichert

Reaction score
I haven't got a pair with Ridgeway soles. I do have a lot of pairs with Dainite and a few with Commando soles and I believe Ridgeway are somewhere between them in terms of weight and traction. I generally prefer the Commando for boots as I sometimes find Dainite more slippery than I'd like in wet Melbourne weather. Would love to give Ridgeway a try.
It’s the best.

aldenfan

Reaction score
What's the link for the Chelsea details and is it possible to still get in on it?

aquatherm

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a Roughout Chiltern Chukka with Gumlite sole? Need another 11

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Gents - does anyone know what is the status of the Lindrick whiskey shell GMTO? Perhaps @fernando526 ?
I think we still have 13 interested folks. Were we waiting on the leather to be available? If so, I noticed on the other C&J thread that Galway Whiskey shell GMTO is potentially going through.

Do we need to ping C&J and check on this GMTO as well?

OK! Looks like we have our 12 peeps for the Whiskey Shell Lindrick Boot GMTO! Let’s get these ordered and into production! Winter is coming!!!

View attachment 1592340
The Whisky Galway is getting close to fruition. I jumped in late but have been a follower of the order. A few people have contacted the store this week so Basil thinks it’s close to the 12. If of interest to anyone please contact the store or add your name to the spreadsheet. Be a lovely boot.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.