• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really should stop checking this thread, lol. This is a very tempting gmto. For me (not that I am committing...yet) it's DL or bust. I like ridgeway just fine, much better than dainite, but keep in mind that I don't think you get a leather heel stack with ridgeway. DL is by far the best option aesthetically. For brown shell, I see it as maybe more of a toss up but for whiskey it's a bigger aesthetic consideration.

I get the desire for a rubber sole for various reasons but it's hard for me to imagine that anyone on the list could be that worried about durability or all-weather wear on this specific boot. Still, y'all have committed and I haven't so I should probably mind my own business.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I would do Ridgeway as well, or even the lower-profile rubber lug (city?) sole that was discussed a few pages back. DL would probably be my top choice. The Lindrick is a fairly refined pattern and the leather sole would suit it well. I can't recall if it was this MTO or one of the others that's been hanging around for a couple of years, but at the outset some of the dudes were a hard no to a leather sole. If we can get 12 in for the MTO I would be willing to go with whatever the majority decides.
This guy understands consensus!

I’m with you: 12 In for the Win!!

...and may the soles fall where they will

Drm9788

Reaction score
I really should stop checking this thread, lol. This is a very tempting gmto. For me (not that I am committing...yet) it's DL or bust. I like ridgeway just fine, much better than dainite, but keep in mind that I don't think you get a leather heel stack with ridgeway. DL is by far the best option aesthetically. For brown shell, I see it as maybe more of a toss up but for whiskey it's a bigger aesthetic consideration.

I get the desire for a rubber sole for various reasons but it's hard for me to imagine that anyone on the list could be that worried about durability or all-weather wear on this specific boot. Still, y'all have committed and I haven't so I should probably mind my own business.
I signed up for the whiskey Lindrick GMTO a couple weeks back. Would much prefer DL as well but it’s not a deal breaker for me as I can have the boots resoled if I absolutely hate the dainite. I don’t want to push for DL and potentially have guys who signed up already drop out because they wanted dainite. Whatever it takes to get this to production! Sign up! 😬

fernando526

Reaction score
I signed up for the whiskey Lindrick GMTO a couple weeks back. Would much prefer DL as well but it’s not a deal breaker for me as I can have the boots resoled if I absolutely hate the dainite. I don’t want to push for DL and potentially have guys who signed up already drop out because they wanted dainite. Whatever it takes to get this to production! Sign up! 😬
Likewise! I am on the camp with the majority.

I wouldn’t want to put off people who had already signed up for Dainite despite me wanting double leather. I personally prefer double leather, but if 8/10 people already committed to Dainite, I will have to suck it up.

I think getting the boots into production is more important than trivial debates of what the soles will be. That’s great and all, but everyone please remember SOLES CAN BE REPLACED.

orionz06

Reaction score
Wait, yinz need someone to jump on a whiskey shell wingtip boot?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we moving forward on the PTB since it's 6/6? Do we want to post on Reddit or something since we're already at # where we could advance this?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy