• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I really should stop checking this thread, lol. This is a very tempting gmto. For me (not that I am committing...yet) it's DL or bust. I like ridgeway just fine, much better than dainite, but keep in mind that I don't think you get a leather heel stack with ridgeway. DL is by far the best option aesthetically. For brown shell, I see it as maybe more of a toss up but for whiskey it's a bigger aesthetic consideration.

I get the desire for a rubber sole for various reasons but it's hard for me to imagine that anyone on the list could be that worried about durability or all-weather wear on this specific boot. Still, y'all have committed and I haven't so I should probably mind my own business.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I would do Ridgeway as well, or even the lower-profile rubber lug (city?) sole that was discussed a few pages back. DL would probably be my top choice. The Lindrick is a fairly refined pattern and the leather sole would suit it well. I can't recall if it was this MTO or one of the others that's been hanging around for a couple of years, but at the outset some of the dudes were a hard no to a leather sole. If we can get 12 in for the MTO I would be willing to go with whatever the majority decides.
This guy understands consensus!

I’m with you: 12 In for the Win!!

...and may the soles fall where they will

Drm9788

Reaction score
I really should stop checking this thread, lol. This is a very tempting gmto. For me (not that I am committing...yet) it's DL or bust. I like ridgeway just fine, much better than dainite, but keep in mind that I don't think you get a leather heel stack with ridgeway. DL is by far the best option aesthetically. For brown shell, I see it as maybe more of a toss up but for whiskey it's a bigger aesthetic consideration.

I get the desire for a rubber sole for various reasons but it's hard for me to imagine that anyone on the list could be that worried about durability or all-weather wear on this specific boot. Still, y'all have committed and I haven't so I should probably mind my own business.
I signed up for the whiskey Lindrick GMTO a couple weeks back. Would much prefer DL as well but it’s not a deal breaker for me as I can have the boots resoled if I absolutely hate the dainite. I don’t want to push for DL and potentially have guys who signed up already drop out because they wanted dainite. Whatever it takes to get this to production! Sign up! ?

fernando526

Reaction score
I signed up for the whiskey Lindrick GMTO a couple weeks back. Would much prefer DL as well but it’s not a deal breaker for me as I can have the boots resoled if I absolutely hate the dainite. I don’t want to push for DL and potentially have guys who signed up already drop out because they wanted dainite. Whatever it takes to get this to production! Sign up! ?
Likewise! I am on the camp with the majority.

I wouldn’t want to put off people who had already signed up for Dainite despite me wanting double leather. I personally prefer double leather, but if 8/10 people already committed to Dainite, I will have to suck it up.

I think getting the boots into production is more important than trivial debates of what the soles will be. That’s great and all, but everyone please remember SOLES CAN BE REPLACED.

Drm9788

Reaction score
7.6 Billion people in the world and we only need 2 of them to invest in a lifetime of happiness for their feet! ?
6A1D1B82-AFC8-42BF-93BE-F2778DBE5298.jpeg

orionz06

Reaction score
Wait, yinz need someone to jump on a whiskey shell wingtip boot?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we moving forward on the PTB since it's 6/6? Do we want to post on Reddit or something since we're already at # where we could advance this?

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the last Zug Snowdon order ever get made?

nycs10011

Reaction score
Are we moving forward on the PTB since it's 6/6? Do we want to post on Reddit or something since we're already at # where we could advance this?

Hate to do this since I started the PTB order but I found a new, in-box & returnable pair in my size on eBay. I'll take my name off the list assuming there's nothing wrong with them when they arrive. If I end up returning them for some reason I'll rejoin the order.

aldenfan

Reaction score
Dark Brown Shell Chelseas are live on the MTO Sheet. This is basically going to be a shell version of the EG Newmarket. It's going to be an incredible boot.

I was lamenting the lack of a shell cordovan chelsea 5, decided to search, and just happened across this. Is this an ongoing effort still and what does the lead times look like before getting an order in? I have definitely blown my shoe budget this and next month, but would definitely be interested in this makeup if future budget permits.

aldenfan

Reaction score
I'm looking at either a brown shell cordovan chelsea 5 or the same for a Skye 2. If neither of those pan out I would likely be in for a Lindrick with dainite soles if I could nail down what my sizing would be in that boot. I see that there is a chelsea 5 effort underway, but is there a skye 2 or Lindrick GMTO as well? My timeline wouldn't be for a month or two (not sure how long it takes to get these orders put in as the last GMTO I was on was probably 4-5 years ago).

aldenfan

Reaction score
Deleted - realized these are the brown shell cordovan ones I know of already :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads