• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the price difference between 6 and 12 on the PTB? Also I really need to get my sizing on it sorted out. I have the wingtips in US 9.5D and it's fine w/ a tongue pad. The tassles work in 9.5 w/ a little slippage. I wear a 9.5D on Alden Plaza, 8.5 UK in Carmina Rain, and a 9.5D in most Allen Edmonds. Should I go TTS? Already on the list btw - and very excited that this could actually happen.

nareichert

Reaction score
What's the price difference between 6 and 12 on the PTB? Also I really need to get my sizing on it sorted out. I have the wingtips in US 9.5D and it's fine w/ a tongue pad. The tassles work in 9.5 w/ a little slippage. I wear a 9.5D on Alden Plaza, 8.5 UK in Carmina Rain, and a 9.5D in most Allen Edmonds. Should I go TTS? Already on the list btw - and very excited that this could actually happen.
Go TTS and get down on the Chelsea GMTO.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds very similar to me, I go UK8.5 on the 335. Just a heads up, If like me, you have a wide foot, the C&J E is pretty much a US D. I could use a little more room in the ball of the foot area, on the UK 335E.

nycs10011

Reaction score

I have the wingtips in a US 10.5 and they fit well but I'm considering sizing up to an 11 to give myself a more comfortable fit. I'm assuming most folks go for the same size in the wingtip and PTB? I'll be reaching out for pricing in the next few days and will get an answer on the price difference.

fernando526

Reaction score

I have the wingtips in a US 10.5 and they fit well but I'm considering sizing up to an 11 to give myself a more comfortable fit. I'm assuming most folks go for the same size in the wingtip and PTB? I'll be reaching out for pricing in the next few days and will get an answer on the price difference.

I would honestly stick to TTS for the PTB. If you're a US9.5D on the Alden Plaza, go with the UK8.5E.

Regarding the pricing for the PTBs, have you guys contacted anyone about the price breakdowns? I cannot speak enough greatness from my experience with the C&J store at 69 Jermyn Street. Basil and Chris helped out with the dark brown cordovan Galway GMTO and I would strongly recommended you reach out to them for a price breakdown. The way SO/MTOs work is that for one order the fee is 250 pounds on top of the MSRP. Half of the fee (or 125 pounds) for 6 person GMTO order. Fee waived for a 12 person GMTO order. Prices vary from boots to derbys, so I would reach out for a price breakdown, ETA, and any other questions.

If you guys are serious about this GMTO, contact Basil. My man actually helped find interest outside of StyleForum (from his own store's clientele) and we were able to lock down the group order fast! If that's not exceptional service... then I don't know what is! :cool:

Info below:
1617972544906.png

[email protected]

Last edited:

Drm9788

Reaction score
I would honestly stick to TTS for the PTB. If you're a US9.5D on the Alden Plaza, go with the UK8.5E.

Regarding the pricing for the PTBs, have you guys contacted anyone about the price breakdowns? I cannot speak enough greatness from my experience with the C&J store at 69 Jermyn Street. Basil and Chris helped out with the dark brown cordovan Galway GMTO and I would strongly recommended you reach out to them for a price breakdown. The way SO/MTOs work is that for one order the fee is 250 pounds on top of the MSRP. Half of the fee (or 125 pounds) for 6 person GMTO order. Fee waived for a 12 person GMTO order. Prices vary from boots to derbys, so I would reach out for a price breakdown, ETA, and any other questions.

If you guys are serious about this GMTO, contact Basil. My man actually helped find interest outside of StyleForum (from his store's clientele) and we were able to lock down the group order fast! If that's not exceptional service... then I don't know what is! :cool:
Only need one more for a 12 person order on some whiskey Lindrick boots! ???

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Only need one more for a 12 person order on some whiskey Lindrick boots! ???

Admittedly, the timing isn't optimal for me but not crazy about the dainite sole for this run. On a boot of this cost would much prefer leather or, really, almost anything else as I don't particularly care for dainite.

Drm9788

Reaction score
Admittedly, the timing isn't optimal for me but not crazy about the dainite sole for this run. On a boot of this cost would much prefer leather or, really, almost anything else as I don't particularly care for dainite.
I agree....would much rather have double leather, but I’ll make the dainite work. Too gorgeous of a boot wait any longer ? Probably can have them resoled for an extra $150 if you really wanted. Now sign up!!! ?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree....would much rather have double leather, but I’ll make the dainite work. Too gorgeous of a boot wait any longer ? Probably can have them resoled for an extra $150 if you really wanted. Now sign up!!! ?
Yeah, but do you really want to resole a boot right out of the gate? I just don't get the appeal of Dainite studded... I guess the old different strokes saying is applicable

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yeah, but do you really want to resole a boot right out of the gate? I just don't get the appeal of Dainite studded... I guess the old different strokes saying is applicable

We're like minded on this one. I have so many boots at this point that it will take me forever to wear out a double leather sole even with regular-ish wear and especially if I install plates. I don't get the draw to dainite. It's slippery as all get out on wet floors, it's not as comfortable, and it looks worse. I do have some dainite pairs but not really too keen on a mto with dainite.

This could also just be a ruse to persuade myself not to jump in... I will admit that this is a distinct possibility. ?

fernando526

Reaction score

What if we add our preference for double leather instead of Dainite for the Whisky Lindrick? If a lot of people get on board, we can overrule the questionable decision to add Dainite as a majority. Just saying ??‍♂️

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
What if we add our preference for double leather instead of Dainite for the Whisky Lindrick. Maybe we can overrule the stupid decision to add Dainite as a majority ?

uh oh.

Any interest in pursuing @George Red idea for the tapered single/double leather sole? Or is that asking too much? ?

I'm not even sure if I am in a position to do this right now... how much are the whiskey lindricks net of VAT again?

fernando526

Reaction score
uh oh.

Any interest in pursuing @George Red idea for the tapered single/double leather sole? Or is that asking too much? ?

I'm not even sure if I am in a position to do this right now... how much are the whiskey lindricks net of VAT again?
We need to find out if that can be approved in the first place. CJ doesn’t “like to do it,” but are they capable of doing it with a little persuasion from our wallets? Maybe yes.

Still a grey area that I need to find out. I’d love to make single special orders with tapered waists.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads