• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I saw most people had a preference for speedhooks, will the be changed here?
We have a conversation started among those currently signed up to confirm details. 6 of 12 have expressed a preference for speedhooks, one of those firmly. It well may change depending on group preferences

fernando526

Reaction score
Anyone received any update on the MTO brown shell Galways that we placed in October (I think)?
Hey George. Last time I spoke to Basil, he said by February. The UK has experienced a couple of shut downs limiting to essential workers. I believe the NH factory is still in production, but at a fraction of prior to the events of COVID.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4AD87415-297F-4063-9091-B9714686AE40.jpeg

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Getting to 12 is definitely a challenge. I thought we had made it for a pair of Lindricks, but unfortunately 2020 wreaked havoc with many plans. If you want to participate, we have room and are looking for some replacements. You can sign up here.

smuj

Reaction score
I am in a quandary regarding some new Snowdons. I have a pair from donkey's year ago. But they have a faux toecap stitch which leaks. I have worn through the commandos and am not minded to resole them because of the daft faux toe stitch which is a stupid idea. I get the heritage look thing, but it is a weak/leak point and I am going to bin them.

New Snowdons don't have the faux stitch. So, I thought simple, I will but a new pair. But I have been into the Jermyn St shop several times, when it was open, and tried on new Snowdons. Each time I have not purchased as there have been quality issues. The main thing is the crappy leather they seem to use now. Apparently they changed supplier in 2017 and they look terrible. It is a soft, thick, pull up style leather (which I don't mind) but the wrinkling, even apparent delamination at the break, is awful. They used to be far, far better. Such a shame.

So. I have considered joining a Zug GMTO but there is always an insistence for the faux stitch. My question is this.....Would anyone join a GMTO for some standard Snowdons in an alternative leather???????? This could be Zug, but I would consider some rough out suede or similar. There may be other options (I can speak to the factory) but I do not want the awful oak hide they are currently using.

Alternatively, does anyone have some size 9 Snowdons (pre 2017 without faux stitch) they could sell me?

And does anyone else agree with me about C&Js current Snowdon offering and how its quality has declined?

I look forward to your view.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads