• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I would be interested in the Whiskey Galway, but need some sizing advice. Im typically 7.5e on Barrie, 7.5d Truebalance, and 8d Plaza. Thanks for any insight that you can provide.
It only comes in one width, standard width (medium width) I would recommend size 7 UK.

fernando526

Reaction score
Hi All,
I would be interested in the Whiskey Galway, but need some sizing advice. Im typically 7.5e on Barrie, 7.5d Truebalance, and 8d Plaza. Thanks for any insight that you can provide.
Hey how’s it going man?

I wear US9D on the Alden Plaza last, and for the 325 last (Galway), I take UK8E. The 325 last runs TTS. Therefore, I recommend you take UK7E.

Hope that helps!

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. As long as the 325 last is not too narrow, I’m in for 7UK
325 is not wide, but has pretty good volume overall. I wear my 8.5D shell barrie boot with medium weight socks, but my shell Lindricks on 325 last fit best with heavy weight boot socks.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
325 is not wide, but has pretty good volume overall. I wear my 8.5D shell barrie boot with medium weight socks, but my shell Lindricks on 325 last fit best with heavy weight boot socks.
Thank you. Do you go with a 7.5 UK on the 325?

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I'm considering an MTO for a black shell Harlech. Anyone else interested ?
I would possibly be interested. What other details?

also, does anyone do a standard burgundy Harlech makeup? Possibly on Ridgeway?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy and Black Harlech on double leather would be insane. I am good on those. No rubber tho for me.. Desert dweller..

Mallaig

Reaction score
I'm considering an MTO for a black shell Harlech. Anyone else interested ?

Note from Basil of C&J:

"We used to actually stock Harlech in black cordovan as a part of our main line at some point but they were discontinued some time ago.

If you propose the idea on Styleforum and set up a tracking spread sheet to start a listing of anyone who would be interested/people you know, I would be happy to see if we can make a 6 or 12 pair GMTO.

For the Harlech a group of 6-pairs we split the difference between MTO and retail which would be £950 (excl. VAT £791.67) each.

A group of 12-pairs we can have them made at what would be the regular retail price of £810 (excl. VAT £675.00) each.

UPS shipping to US = £30.00 / Rest of the world = £50.00"

I'll add a tab to the GMTO tracking sheet and include some details on this make up. Cannot find any pictures for a black Harlech, but have asked Basil to see if he has one he can share. I agree with @chipshot that this would look best on a double leather sole.

If any of you are thinking about a dark boot but don't want to be part of this GMTO, take a look at the Enzo Bonafe MTO and GMTO thread where @jischwar and I are putting together a GMTO for a very deep brown Col16 boot with a black shark shaft.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads