• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Gertoshav

Reaction score
Thanks, I stand corrected. Now we need that same shop to get a 6 order going for a bourbon Islay. I’d be in!
I'm already on a list for Whiskey Skye 2 (with the shop that you referred to me previously), but would actually much prefer Whiskey Islay, even at the 6 group pricing. How do we make this happen, any others interested?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm already on a list for Whiskey Skye 2 (with the shop that you referred to me previously), but would actually much prefer Whiskey Islay, even at the 6 group pricing. How do we make this happen, any others interested?
I have no idea, this is the first time I’ve heard it’s the shop you are speaking of. I guess for starters I could shoot them an e-mail and see if they are interested.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Same here - I’m on the fence about the Skye 2 order, but totally down with the whiskey Lindrick GMTO... I’m pretty sure there is other interest out there, as well...

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Same here - I’m on the fence about the Skye 2 order, but totally down with the whiskey Lindrick GMTO... I’m pretty sure there is other interest out there, as well...
Sorry, did I miss something - there is a list for a Whiskey Skye? Where is that list and how can I participate? What are the details?

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Sorry, did I miss something - there is a list for a Whiskey Skye? Where is that list and how can I participate? What are the details?
The shop at 69 Jermyn St. is putting together a special run now; I recommend you reach out to Basil there if you’re interested in joining the order...

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
The shop at 69 Jermyn St. is putting together a special run now; I recommend you reach out to Basil there if you’re interested in joining the order...
Thank you. I would much prefer the Skye over the Lindrick or the Islay. I contacted C&J through their web form. Let's see what happens.

Gertoshav

Reaction score
I have no idea, this is the first time I’ve heard it’s the shop you are speaking of. I guess for starters I could shoot them an e-mail and see if they are interested.
Yup, that's the shop with the Skye run, and if it hits 12 people, I'm in. However, if a Whiskey Islay GMTO happens, I would jump on board that instead.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the shop with the Skye run, and if it hits 12 people, I'm in. However, if a Whiskey Islay GMTO happens, I would jump on board that instead.
The more I think about it, I would need something other than whiskey. I’ve got the Lindrick in both brown and whiskey, and the two boots are too similar to have both in whiskey.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it, I would need something other than whiskey. I’ve got the Lindrick in both brown and whiskey, and the two boots are too similar to have both in whiskey.
I think C&J has navy. Not sure about other colors and not sure I'd spring for navy.

How different do you think the Skye and Islay are on foot? I think I'd tend to prefer either the Islay or Lindrick, whereas the Skye is a bit less sleek than the Lindrick while not as casual as the Islay.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think C&J has navy. Not sure about other colors and not sure I'd spring for navy.

How different do you think the Skye and Islay are on foot? I think I'd tend to prefer either the Islay or Lindrick, whereas the Skye is a bit less sleek than the Lindrick while not as casual as the Islay.
Yeah, I’m not into the navy shell either.

As for the boots on foot, the Islay 365 last fits slightly better on my foot than the 335 last. So I prefer Islay, because how a last fits my foot is the key for me.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I think I got confused with all the preferences people were putting out there: there is currently no Whiskey Islay proposal that I know of, but I would join one as well (and it would move to the top of my list)...

fernando526

Reaction score
I think I got confused with all the preferences people were putting out there: there is currently no Whiskey Islay proposal that I know of, but I would join one as well (and it would move to the top of my list)...
Yeah. Personally for me, I’d go Whisky Lindrick first and Whisky Skye second. Not a fan of the high-boot shaft from the Islay, but that’s my personal preference.

Looks like the Skye is a lot closer to go into production at 69 Jermyn Street, so looks like I will be going with Skye first 😉.

Hopefully we can get four more people for the Whisky Lindricks and I’ll be purchasing those also!

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami