• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does C&J do a by request/MTO service a la John Lobb, Eag etc where you can just have one pair made? Or do you need to put in a grand order?

They do - or, at least, they used to do so.

However, the upcharge is considerable, which is why a group MTO (GMTO) is desirable, as you don't have to pay an additional charge.

You can discuss by sending an e-mail to one of the C&J stores, or by sending a message via the contact webform on the C&J website: https://www.crockettandjones.com/contact-us/

puffy

Reaction score
They do - or, at least, they used to do so.

However, the upcharge is considerable, which is why a group MTO (GMTO) is desirable, as you don't have to pay an additional charge.

You can discuss by sending an e-mail to one of the C&J stores, or by sending a message via the contact webform on the C&J website: https://www.crockettandjones.com/contact-us/
thanks! when you say "the upcharge is considerable", what sort of costs are we talking about? I buy a few pairs of C&Js every year so will ask the guy I usually deal with as well.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks! when you say "the upcharge is considerable", what sort of costs are we talking about? I buy a few pairs of C&Js every year so will ask the guy I usually deal with as well.

IIRC, it’s ~1.5x usual cost.

EBernard

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am looking to organize a GMTO with the Crockett & Jones Store at 69 Jermyn Street, London. The order requires a minimum of 6 pairs to be made of the same shoe, obviously different sizes. I am looking for a total of 12 slots (for an additional discount in price), or more - However, they will only accept multiples of 6.

I have inquired about the following:
Crockett & Jones Galway (U-Tip Boots) in Dark Brown Shell Cordovan.

Please read the following specifications carefully:
Model: Galway 2 (Based Off this Model)
Upper: Dark Brown Shell Cordovan
Last: 325
Width: Standard UK E (US D)
Eyelets: 4 pairs of eyelets & 4 pairs of speed hooks
Edging: Antique Brown
Sole: Double Leather
Welt: Storm Welt

Please refer to the pictures below for a better idea of what the boots will look like. Except these will have four sets of eyelets, like the Galway 2, as opposed to the five sets of eyelets from the pictured Gianni model made for Ralph Lauren.

Cost for one pair:
£1100 (~£916.63 after excluding 16.67% VAT, as of today around $1156.70 for the US folks) plus £30 shipping.

Cost for a group of 6:
£975 (~£812.47 after excluding 16.67% VAT, as of today around $1025.45 for the US folks) plus £30 shipping.

Cost for a group of 12:
£850 (~£708.31 after excluding 16.67% VAT, as of today around $893.98 for the US Folks) plus £30 shipping.

This order will be placed through the Crockett & Jones Store at 69 Jermyn Street, London. So please feel free to contact the store via phone or email, provided below, should you have any questions about price and other details I may have left out. I look forward to filling in the spots. If you’re interested, please enter your SF username, size, and any comments/suggestions in the following link: C&J Galway 2 Dark Brown Cordovan Sign-Up Spreadsheet.

-Crockett & Jones Store:
69 Jermyn Street, London
-Email:
[email protected]
-Phone:
020 7976 2684

Good day I am very interested ion joining do I need to fill in the attached and contact the store or contact the store?

Sorry I am new in the process.

Cheers

fernando526

Reaction score
Good day I am very interested ion joining do I need to fill in the attached and contact the store or contact the store?

Sorry I am new in the process.

Cheers
Hey. Thank you for reaching out! I can fill in your information. What is your size and do you have any additional comments or preferences you would like me to include next to your name?

EBernard

Reaction score
Hey. Thank you for reaching out! I can fill in your information. What is your size and do you have any additional comments or preferences you would like me to include next to your name?

Hello! Thank you very much for your help and for accepting my participation. My shoe size is 10 UK. I have a preference for a Dainite sole. Thanks again.

fernando526

Reaction score
Hello! Thank you very much for your help and for accepting my participation. My shoe size is 10 UK. I have a preference for a Dainite sole. Thanks again.
You're welcome! I will add your name, size and preference to the list. I am actually changing my mind and may want Dainite soles as well haha

EBernard

Reaction score
You're welcome! I will add your name, size and preference to the list. I am actually changing my mind and may want Dainite soles as well haha

Thank you very much. It is a difficult choice I actually went on Instagram (Weltandbarrel) he posted some pictures and they look great with the Dainite sole! Do you have any visibility on the timing? Cheers

fernando526

Reaction score
Thank you very much. It is a difficult choice I actually went on Instagram (Weltandbarrel) he posted some pictures and they look great with the Dainite sole! Do you have any visibility on the timing? Cheers
Yeah, he's a great source for examples of shoes. Dainite soles are great for all weather conditions so there is that sense of versatility as opposed to double leather that may wear down faster in the rain.

As for timeline, typically, once we place the order it takes the C&J factory about 12 weeks to manufacture our shoes. With regards to getting this GMTO kick-started, the minimum requirement is 6 pairs. I will reach out to everyone once we have 6 people on-board to see if they want to wait for another 6 people (to get a slightly lower price but risk waiting forever), or go ahead and place the order.

I was originally going to just suck it up and pay for the MTO fee for one order by myself, so I wouldn't mind placing an order with 6 pairs, but of course everyone has to be in agreement. I posted this GMTO last week and we already have 5 people on board so who knows! Maybe we'll fill in all the spots in a couple of weeks.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he's a great source for examples of shoes. Dainite soles are great for all weather conditions so there is that sense of versatility as opposed to double leather that may wear down faster in the rain.

As for timeline, typically, once we place the order it takes the C&J factory about 12 weeks to manufacture our shoes. With regards to getting this GMTO kick-started, the minimum requirement is 6 pairs. I will reach out to everyone once we have 6 people on-board to see if they want to wait for another 6 people (to get a slightly lower price but risk waiting forever), or go ahead and place the order.

I was originally going to just suck it up and pay for the MTO fee for one order by myself, so I wouldn't mind placing an order with 6 pairs, but of course everyone has to be in agreement. I posted this GMTO last week and we already have 5 people on board so who knows! Maybe we'll fill in all the spots in a couple of weeks.
Just FYI guys, it takes 12 not 6, and all of the shoes have to have the exact same build.

fernando526

Reaction score
Just FYI guys, it takes 12 not 6, and all of the shoes have to have the exact same build.
I was given a price breakdown for 1, 6, and 12 pairs (respectively) from a C&J manager. Maybe his information is incorrect, I will double check with him. And yes, all of the shoes will have the exact same build specifications. At the end, the majority will decide as long as everyone agrees, what soles we use, etc. I personally don't mind and will be open to everyone's suggestions.

Thanks for the information anyways!

EBernard

Reaction score
I was given a price breakdown for 1, 6, and 12 pairs (respectively) from a C&J manager. Maybe his information is incorrect, I will double check with him. And yes, all of the shoes will have the exact same build specifications. At the end, the majority will decide as long as everyone agrees, what soles we use, etc. I personally don't mind and will be open to everyone's suggestions.

Thanks for the information anyways!

Thank you for the information as well. I am happy regardless of the sole dainite is a preference however double leather sole works great as well. Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads