• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

nikolau

Reaction score
Folks- what’s the difference between whiskey and brown shell? I thought whiskey/ravello was a trade name Alden used for brown tbh.

nikolau

Reaction score
I own the C&J/RL shell PTB if that’s at all helpful here.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks- what’s the difference between whiskey and brown shell? I thought whiskey/ravello was a trade name Alden used for brown tbh.
Whiskey and Ravello are both Horween shades for shell. Ravello (medium brown with red undertones) is Alden exclusive but Whiskey (much lighter tan) is used by Alden, C&J and a few others. I suspect the dark brown C&J uses is Horween's Dark Cognac but I'm not sure.

nikolau

Reaction score
If this MTO is still active, it’s at 12 people now. Happy to throw my hat in the ring.
A6A59F32-7263-4516-B25D-E315446B4494.png

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
If this MTO is still active, it’s at 12 people now. Happy to throw my hat in the ring.
View attachment 1400133
I saw that... can anyone answer if the intention for the welt color on these is the contrasting traditional welt shown above, or the matching dark welt depicted in the other picture on the MTO tab (not shown)?

Edit: including Zargoz' sweet make-up of these for reference:Zargoz brown Dundee.jpg

Last edited:

nikolau

Reaction score
I saw that... can anyone answer if the intention for the welt color on these is the contrasting traditional welt shown above, or the matching dark welt depicted in the other picture on the MTO tab (not shown)?
False alarm anyway- I just noticed #8 pulled out. My mistake folks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.