• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Reaction score
I was looking for Coniston in Burgundy Scotch Grain but couldn't find any. Anyone else interested to get this makeup?

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I was looking for Coniston in Burgundy Scotch Grain but couldn't find any. Anyone else interested to get this makeup?
You can do it yourself. It's quite simple in fact. You just have to buy the tan version and to dye it with Saphir teinture française burgundy color. You can even choose between a light color (1 coat) or a dark one (3 to 5 coats).
Personnaly, I dye some of my shoes in dark brown and I programmed to dye my tan Coniston in mahogany in a few weeks. It will be a little more difficult because I will have to use 2 colors to make it.
Few exemples :

Corcoran ww2 jumper boots after acetone :
20160111190249.jpg

After 3 coats of dark brown dye :
20160125133222.jpg

After 5 coats :
20160125133246.jpg

After dyeing, I apply dark brown cream :
20160126105104.jpg

Then after a brushing, I have my dark brown WW2 boots with little lighter shades from the natural leather color below :
20160129232635.jpg

Same thing with this oxford shoes.
Before :
20160204181443.jpg

After :
20181202_170502.jpg

That's why I often buy my shoes in tan... I can choose the exact color I want ;-)

Reaction score
You can do it yourself. It's quite simple in fact. You just have to buy the tan version and to dye it with Saphir teinture française burgundy color. You can even choose between a light color (1 coat) or a dark one (3 to 5 coats).
Personnaly, I dye some of my shoes in dark brown and I programmed to dye my tan Coniston in mahogany in a few weeks. It will be a little more difficult because I will have to use 2 colors to make it.
Few exemples :

Corcoran ww2 jumper boots after acetone :
View attachment 1279837

After 3 coats of dark brown dye :
View attachment 1279838

After 5 coats :
View attachment 1279839

After dyeing, I apply dark brown cream :
View attachment 1279841

Then after a brushing, I have my dark brown WW2 boots with little lighter shades from the natural leather color below :
View attachment 1279842

Same thing with this oxford shoes.
Before :
View attachment 1279843

After :
View attachment 1279844

That's why I often buy my shoes in tan... I can choose the exact color I want ;-)
Thank you. That is a great suggestion. Not sure if I am at this DIY skill level, but I could for sure find someone to take care of it. Thanks again.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Thanks for that. It worked.
I keep hoping there will be a snowdon GMTO without the faux cap. I cannot understand why people want to spend over the odds for zug and then put hundreds of unnecessary holes in it. I have a pair of C&J veldts with a faux cap. They leak badly at the sides of the toe cap seam when I walk in long wet grass. I think I will go for a single MTO so I can get a plain toe and a ridgeway sole fitted (ridgeway is far superior in snow and does not clog like the commando)
I agree with you on that point. Plain toe would be more logical for a veldtschoen zug boots. Less aesthetical but much more logical in term of waterproofness...

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a Galway 2 gmto? This would be the discontinued model in brown scotch grain.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a Galway 2 gmto? This would be the discontinued model in brown scotch grain.
I’d be in but only with 360 storm welt and Itshide Commando or Dainite Ridgeway soles.

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
I have sent an inquiry to C&J about with regards to pricing and specs. Will update as soon as I get a response.

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
Got a reply from C&J:

"I would expect the price to be approximately the same as retail if made with no adjustments in the patterns."

"The factory are able to do minor adjustments to the patterns and they can be made in different materials. Changes in the pattern or lasts may however incur an extra charge which is usually £50."

How much was the Galway 2? Same price as the Coniston?

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
Can it be any other grain color? I mean C&j has some fine grain leathers? HOw about tan pebble grain?

http://www.bensilver.com/The-Westfield-Oxford-in-Tan-Pebble-Grain,36988.html#.XdVSJtVOmUk
I would say it is possible since Whiskey cordovan is possible.

We can work on the specs and I can get a quote after.

For now the specs is standard except for the possibility of Ridgeway sole. So:
Brown scotch grain
360 storm welt
Eyelets and hooks
323 last
Pull tab
Sole?
Brown edge

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.