1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Half blind/ half eyelets would not look good.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

3. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

yuck. also agree. nix it and move forward.

4. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

Whether all blind or half blind and half speed hook is fine with me. Either way the top of the boot will be covered by pants from my perspective. I think all blind is the best from an aesthetics point of view.

5. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I'm still thinking it through, but my initial impression is that half blind and half eyelets might look weird. I'm thinking maybe all blind or all eyelets. Still thinking about this though.

6. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Thanks for all the opinions, guys. Maybe the lack of half/half pics is precisely it doesn't look good in real life! I'm going to go with all blind eyelets then. I'll be in touch with all participants via PM by the end of tomorrow.

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

All blind with Dainite sounds impressive. Looking forward too seeing this beaut!

8. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

:fistbump: Thanks! I'm telling myself to expect it in 16 weeks just to keep myself sane (they quoted 10-12 from the time the order is at the factory).

9. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Hands clapping loudly. Hoping the wife can't hear this...

10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I am interested in a Whiskey boot. Let me know if any slots free up.

-M

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  11. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Email sent to Lauren with info...

12. mdubs

What are you ordering? Another round of Harlechs?

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Seams like they are looking for the Harlech, all blind with Dainite. Sounds nice.

14. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Yessir, Harlech MKII.

15. mdubs

Sorry if I am slow here, but are you full or do you have any slots or is this a brand new one?

16. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

I believe I've responded via PM to everyone expressing interest at this point. Let me know if I've missed you.

The latest is that all the slots are filled, with a waiting list of 6 deep. I'm waiting to hear back to see if there's possibly more whiskey shell available to expand the order, which was not the case last week.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  17. MiamiLex

MiamiLex Well-Known Member

So having thought about this for a few days I think I am going to back out. I felt as I was trying to convince myself I wanted this boot rather than actually desiring it. It is a sweet make up though just doesnt quite fit my style at 27, think I'm going to wait for the next viberg shell run. Thanks for putting this together @wklq76a and cheers to whoever gets my spot ;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  18. LeSacre

LeSacre Senior member

OK, I've got a sizing question.. I know, I know bear with me..

The only other 341 lasted shoe I have tried on is the Sydney loafer made for Barneys. It was an 8 US and fit perfectly. However, what would be the true UK sizing? I've read both to size down 1/2 and step and to do a full size down. Any one have any experience/input?

I asked Lauren, but I think she understood it as a general how to go from US to UK sizing question rather than for C&J made Barneys shoes on the 341 last specifically. Here is her response:

19. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Do you have your size in other shoes/lasts that we can compare to? Alden lasts? Other C&J lasts?

For what it is worth, I have a Skye 2 in 335 last and I find the same size in a 341 last is a little longer and a tad more narrow, but I can wear the same size in both. In comparison to US sizing, I wear a US 13 in barrie and trubalance lasts, which some people say run a 1/2 to a full size large and I wear a 13 in 335 and 341 last. The 13 in the 341 last is a tad bit longer than I would like, but fits okay.

20. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

I am a 9.5D US in the Barrie last. Any idea what I would be in the Harlech last (UK sizing)?