• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would potentially be fine with that since I have a rather narrow heel but will defer to other folks on the list ( @nishant, @Perfectcircles , @up1911fan ). Here's a link too some C&J shoes on 378: https://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/?last=378

I am seeing 378 based offerings as being less elegant and more on the chunky side which CJ is referring on the web as .. going towards oversized shoes and boots. I find 335 as being more elegant without being massive in the forefoot area. Am I missing something?

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am seeing 378 based offerings as being less elegant and more on the chunky side which CJ is referring on the web as .. going towards oversized shoes and boots. I find 335 as being more elegant without being massive in the forefoot area. Am I missing something?
@nishant the new models made on 378 are what give the more chunky appearance (plain toe vs brogue) on the larger last. Aesthetically, 378=335 with the exception of a slightly reshaped inner (arch) area and heel and wouldn’t be visible from any normal view. Any 335 lasted shoe would look the same if made on 378 (forepart between the two are identical).

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nishant the new models made on 378 are what give the more chunky appearance (plain toe vs brogue) on the larger last. Aesthetically, 378=335 with the exception of a slightly reshaped inner (arch) area and heel and wouldn’t be visible from any normal view. Any 335 lasted shoe would look the same if made on 378 (forepart between the two are identical).

Thanks for the explanation my friend.
Count me in for the 378 [emoji2]

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is the Whiskey PTB getting done? I think the makeup is killer.. as well as Whiskey Marlow Penny.. lol

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cordovan Dundee from the first GMTO.

1qiytg0aqlwy3awruajwcg-jpg.1107007

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see anything from you till now, so assumed you didn't. Glad you were able to take advantage.

Heck of a lot easier than putting together an MTO and a great price too! Saved me time AND money lol! Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Mallaig

Reaction score
OK, I went ahead and made a Google sheet:

Let's stick with brown shell for this one. I'm indifferent on the pull tabs if folks prefer them without.

Thanks for leading on this. The Dundee looks
OK, I went ahead and made a Google sheet:

Let's stick with brown shell for this one. I'm indifferent on the pull tabs if folks prefer them without.

Love the look of the Dundees. Have signed up for the MTO. One question: what is the thinking behind a double leather sole vs Dainite ?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for leading on this. The Dundee looks

Love the look of the Dundees. Have signed up for the MTO. One question: what is the thinking behind a double leather sole vs Dainite ?

Double leather is more comfortable and you can add a topy if you want.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've added my name to the double leather sole list.

I've added my name to the new whiskey cordovan Galway list. I guess the old list died. I'm surprised there is not more interest in this make-up. Perhaps everyone already owns a pair.

Branislav

Reaction score
I see that we have 5 for Whiskey Marlow. Hope it will start getting more traction soon.

Since there is a discussion on last. I would like to jump in and ask if there is a reason for the Marlow to be in 314 last instead of the "improved" 376 last? Just curious to know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics