1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

My 341 and 335 are not in the same size, so I can't compare, but my 335 boots do feel tighter than my 325 boots in the same size.

2. rkco2017

rkco2017 Member

Given the size difference between your 341s and 335s and knowing how each of them fit on your feet, do you think I could pull off a half size down in the 335 from my 341 size?

3. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

Really depends on your foot. My feet are a bit narrow and I prefer my fit snug, so I can wear half size down from 341 on 325/335. Though the 335 is a tiny bit snugger than I prefer.

4. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

For another data point to add confusion, I find the 335 to fit marginally larger than same size 325. It's mostly in the toe volume. I take same size in 341, 325, 335. I personally wouldn't size down.

5. rkco2017

rkco2017 Member

Guys we need one more person to complete the lindricks E width GMTO!

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

Is this for brown or whiskey?

7. rkco2017

rkco2017 Member

Brown

8. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior Member

Impressive! Sooner than originally anticipated. 1 more to go!

Did the past Lindrick have wheeling?

9. JKSR116

JKSR116 New Member

Hi all. I’m thinking of adding my name to the list for the E width Lindricks, but am new to this and wondered if someone could give me a quick idiot’s guide to how it works. I suppose my main questions are:

• Who would I pay and when?
    • How long on average for the order to be completed?
    • Is this just for people outside the UK? I’m in the UK myself but get the impression (wrongly?) that most people on here are from elsewhere.

Sorry if these questions have been answered umpteen times before!

Thanks in advance for any help.

10. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

1) you’d pay C&J directly no middleman
    2) not sure anymore I think my last pair was like 4 months but could be a case of foggy memory.
    3) as far as I know you can order from anywhere. You’ll just be assessed VAT being in the UK.

11. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

Piggy backing off M2511's post: You will be contacted by CJ after providing your email to the person organizing the order. The typical lead time for order has generally been around 4 months but the factory is currently delayed on all orders (up to a month). You're absolutely able participate being in the UK, but yes, many are from the US and elsewhere.

12. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

Thought you had a whiskey? Want another?? ;)

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

Haha, I have both brown and whiskey. Was mostly just curious. Kinda wish my whiskey was on double leather sole, though....

14. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

55F5452C-89E9-4AD1-A220-0D7691BE1F3D.jpeg A3CE1281-D603-47CA-BF60-9B0A8B9DF52E.jpeg Whiskey Lindrick Double Leather dreaming.

15. JKSR116

JKSR116 New Member

Thanks both, much appreciated.

Planning to find a pair of C&J on the 325 last at the weekend just to check that it works for me, but I expect that I'll be adding my name to the list for the E width. Unless my willpower and/or patience crumble before then and I add my name regardless, which is quite possible!