1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. wsohn

wsohn Well-Known Member

Glad to see things worked out. I'm pretty sure they will be able to work out the dark brown mark. As for the waffle imprint, while it would bug the hell out of me, I'd still probably accept the pair if I were you. The more I look at these boots the more I'm glad I brought them.
    If anything I would probably try to jedi mind trick myself by thinking the leather used in the boots was so superior that they used it anyways. Or you can go the Japanese route where they find beauty in imperfections. I'm not Japanese but I hear they value stuff more if there are slight imperfections (this was more for tea cups but I don't see why it can't be applied to boots).

Looking forward to boot season~!

2. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

I think that slight imperfection rule only applies to pottery. Have you seen Japanese shoes thread? Japanese made bespoke, and MTO shoes are without imperfections.
    That waffle mark is too much, and I am glad it will be fixed.

3. wsohn

wsohn Well-Known Member

lol you are right. Thats why I said Jedi mind trick

4. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

6. chipshot

Thanks ^ I like the design..

7. chipshot

Was the Whiskey Lindrick double leather sole order submitted?
    I wanted them and was firmly on the original 11/17 list.
    Who combined the lists and left my name off?

8. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

No it never went through. The listed got changed when @morsepoint took over, you were tagged more than once I believe.

9. chipshot

One tag maybe but I didn't understand the original list was changed as the tagger never listed sole type and or a mention of a NEW LIST. I thought it was danite rubber as that list was actually developing w/ much more traction.
    Either way I think sticking with the original list is a better way to go on GMTO.

10. Branislav

Branislav Member

So I went to my local post office and ship my boots. I declared the boots at full value (of course as a returned goods so it is not taxed) and the guy at the post office asked me to double check the quantity. So I thought I wrote it wrong and checked and told him that it is correct(quantity: 1). He looked at me and say "$1000 shoes!". I almost wanted to make up a lie that it is for my wedding. Pretty sure he judged me at that point. Should I get C&J to pay for the psychological damage incurred?

Jokes aside. Since they are going back I took some time to observe the black spot. Took out most of the lump but it the dark spot is still there. Only thing I am worried about is that the leather absorbed the colour pigments of the edge dressing/polish and will permanently have the spot. Guess the tongue stamp was a blessing in disguise since there is no argument that it will have to be sent back.

11. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Should have responded, "How much do YOU value YOUR feet, $49.99?

Edit: Or you could have just said they're Yeezy's.

12. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Distinguished Member

Lol, I had the same experience at the FedEx store, when I shipped a pair shoes out once. The lady was like, “I had no idea there were men that pay that much for shoes”,..lol

That’s when the realization sunk in, there was something terribly wrong with me.

13. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Distinguished Member

14. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

The old list is still there, people just got excited that he could possibly procure these at a better price and with quicker traction. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to matter as they apparently will not do a Lindrick anymore. Seems like the C&J GMTOs haven’t been very active here lately either.

15. morsepoint

morsepoint Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Unfortunately CJ communication towards my requests is out of my hands. Im aware they are busy after their spring break and fashion show last week in Italy. However hoping to have an update very soon and from then on it wont take long.

Old list is still there, however the person who organised it wasn't interested anymore, hence I created a new list for both dainite and leather sole, which are both full but waiting for prices TBC before we go ahead. If Lindrick wont be possible, the option is to keep the same specs but in Skye