1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Senior Member

2. elsalvatrucha

elsalvatrucha Senior Member

Actually good question, looks like we are full on the list but someone is waiting until we all pay to pay is what I got from Pernilla's email.

3. Caligula77

Caligula77 Senior Member

Steph,

We should have twelve. Has Pernilla reached out to you?

P

4. Mrmini

Mrmini Member

Gentleman,

Just receive the mail from C&J and made the payment for the Galway.

5. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Senior Member

@Caligula77 Yes, reply sent and waiting for link. Thanks for helping with the new email.

6. bm93

bm93 Senior Member

Still looking for one more for a pair of dark brown shell Lindricks on a dainite sole. Please let me or @Misterg12 know if you're interested!

7. losrockets

losrockets Senior Member

Added my name to the Marlow Dark Brown PTB lists after hemming and hawing forever.

8. smuj

smuj Active Member

Been a while since I have posted here. Something strange happened to SF a while back and I seemed to lose my mail links and bookmarks etc. Anyway I was signed up for a whiskey cheviot before going AWOL, so glad to see I was removed from the list. Apologies to others as I see it has still not got off the ground. Since then I have bought some LWB from Alden (boo). Not as nice as C&J because I am not a particular fan of the shellac they seem to apply but am probably OK for LWB's for the moment.

9. smuj

smuj Active Member

But I am up for some new boots. Have tried Skye boots on many times in the C&J store but never quite push the button as I feel the 335 last is a bit to generous for me. My Pembrokes on a 325 fit me perfect so the Lindrick GMTOs have got my attention as I see they are on the 325 also. A while back it would have been a no-brainer and I would have signed up for the whiskey. But no longer so sure. I do not mind the fact it has got darker in recent years. It is that the colour has seemingly become less rich, not having the warm glow it used to have. Am I imagining this? Some older whiskey I have seen has more chestnutty tones in it which is more appealing IMO. Or does that develop with age? Or have people added a scrim if warmer paste wax to give that warm depth? I own brown/cigar and No8 horween shell but no whiskey so others opinion on the whiskey would be greatly appreciated.

(or do I plump for more d.brown shell?!). Mmmm.