1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Caligula77

Caligula77 Senior Member

GALWAY- DL BROWN SHELL

One more volunteer needed!!!!

2. wsohn

wsohn Member

Isn't the list full? I thought @elsalvatrucha changed his mind?

3. elsalvatrucha

elsalvatrucha Senior Member

I was in NYC this week and tried on the 9.5UK E on the Galway grain leather and it fitted perfect. I am a 10D trubalance Indy

4. Mrmini

Mrmini Member

Dear Sir,

Thanks so much for your information.

5. Branislav

Branislav New Member

Hi everyone,

I was lurking for a few days contemplating if I should start getting my first Shell boots. Was almost on board on getting the Harlech but it had leather sole which I absolutely hate. So I somehow managed to keep my money for now and started getting curious about things going on here.

I am really new to this and not sure how this is organised. But I would like to know if there is any plan for a Dark Brown Harlech with Dainite sole GMTO going on in the near future.

Thank you.

6. elsalvatrucha

I am in for the Galway, just waiting for the payment link from C&J but I believe we are missing two so C&ah has not sent it

7. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

You would be very hard pressed to gather 12 people for that make up. Just go for the Lindrick on dainite that I have going now :) . Beautiful boot and we only need one. Sorry for the shameless plug but I am serious on the Harlech.

8. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

Galway sheet looks full now @ 12. Is this right?
    Really nice looking boot, hope it gets built. The Cigar Indy was a slight set back but I like this more refined look better so I'll pony up the slight price differential vs Trubalance boot.

9. Branislav

Branislav New Member

I see that you are missing one person for Lindrick. It is honestly extremely tempting, and I would like to help if I am not so uncertain right now. I was toggling between the Skyle(similar to Lindrick) and Harlech before I got here. Both are amazing but I ended up deciding that I like the clean design of the Harlech more. So if I were to jump into the Lindrick now, I feel like it may turn out to be an impulsive purchase for a pair of shoe that could possibly be my first and last boots. Don't think I have the courage to purchase anything more expensive than these and even if I like it I would probably purchase a Cordovan Oxford and Derby next. So yeah, never want to be unsure about a $1200(converted to my currency) purchase.

That being said, I am quite lean towards the Galway in Dainite. It is my second option after Harlech(I actually like the Galway more but I do have a concern which I will list in my next paragraph). However, it seems like it is completed with Double Leather Sole so I might have missed it. Should I still add my name into the list for Galway Dainite?

Anyway, to keep my options open, I have a question about the Galway boots. For the construction of the moc toe, is it still a single piece of leather from the toe cap to the vamp? I am curious because I have a Red Wing moc toe and it is made with 2 piece of leather stitch together(at the toe to vamp) and glued up the edges. I am not sure what is the right way of constructing these or is there even a right way, but it does bugs me a little when it starts to split after a year of wear.

Hope I could get one of these amazing boots one day.

10. Caligula77

Caligula77 Senior Member

IMG_0629.JPG Blue Shell Coniston- Single MTO from my Jermyn St. visit last year.

11. elsalvatrucha

Need to get a dark brown Cordovan boot first but Navy Shell is my nex big acquisitio

12. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

I think navy shell would look great in a country boot - say Islay or Lindrick

13. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Senior Member

Holy $&!*, I love this boot...I've resolved to not purchase any shoes in 2018, but this photo is not something I need to be seeing!

14. zephs

zephs Active Member

A good idea for a good gmto, more original than marlow/lindrick/harlech/galway!