Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

After much thought and reflection I'm really liking the C&J Brunswick 2. It's on the 358 last and I think if it was done in shell cordovan it could be a stunner. [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I was thinking of that, but I realized that chukka's don't seem as popular for some reason. Also, during the hot months of summer, would cordovan be too hot? I'm all for a warmer weather shoe, but I'm not sure in reality what that would look like.

3. laufer

laufer Senior member

Guys,

Help me out wit this Gianni, Lindrick and Coniston are all on the same last 325?

Does anyone know how does Islay on 335 last fit compared to 341 last?

4. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Are you looking to replace your shell Indys? Just curious on why - I've been very close to buying some shell indys as bad weather and/or beat up boots.

5. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

What if we could do a McCallum chukka with dainite sole?

6. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

7. BeSpiffington

Aldenfan, I've got the Marlow and it's built like a tank. I consider it a one-off for Ralph Lauren that seems to appeal to a lot of people. The fit is tricky for some because they only come in one width. The Brunswick 2's are in my opinion very fashion forward, and because they're a derby they seem to have that breezy open collar casual feel.

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I would really like that, but again I feel that I would like to wait and see what RL are planning for this year.

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

And, I'm still 100% convinced that a C&J longwing in either dark brown or whiskey would be absolutely badass.

10. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I am not LOOKING actively to replace them. I have just come to the realization that I just can't continue to add shoes and boots. If I am looking to get something that could be used the same as the Indys I'd let them go. I have couple pair of #8 shell and I'm trying to branch out. The Indys are really the only boots that I would sell. And that is only because of the Tankers I got after them. They feel a bit redundant as they are both #8 with toe stitching on commando soles. I'll probably be buried in the Tankers so they aren't going anywhere! Haha

11. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I could be down with a SWB. I do need more shoes. My boots have outnumbered my shoes...

12. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Whew, okay makes sense. My impression was you didn't like the shell indy for some reason and I was curious as I might get one someday. I admire tankers, but for some reason the NST just isn't my favorite look. I think I like the stitched toes of the Indy more. Makes sense though that they are so close that you would want to get rid of the indys if you are making sure to you aren't continuing to add shoes and boots. I am considering trying to figure out a good limited rotation of boots and shoes and sell off the ones that don't make the cut.

13. BeSpiffington

I feel ya my friend. I've definitely got more shoes than I can possibly wear in a week.

14. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I'll probably never sell them, though, haha. Who am I kidding? I just want a brown boot.

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I also went ahead and ordered an AE Dundee in dark brown cordovan a couple of weeks ago. If that ends up being incredibly casual and RL don't bring back the McCallum, then I would definitely be interested in a C&J chukka MTO.