Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. momone

momone Senior Member

They told me it is'nt a defect so they do not offer a return for full refund
    But they offer me a discount, which I don't want as I just want to return pair I estimate to be faulty (and I don't want to keep even cheaper, money is not the problem here)

I don't want to make a fuss here as I think I can find a solution with C&J. But yes i am disappointed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 8:05 AM

2. DXBMark

DXBMark Senior Member

Being something of an afficianado of C&J subs, I know for certain that misplaced/misaligned decorative elements including stitching will get a shoe send to the factory shop. My Radnors went to the land of subs because one of the stitching on one of the pull tabs is ever so slightly higher than the other, i guess that’s more structural than a decorative toe cap- but barely.

3. saurabh

saurabh Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the issue. I would have returned for refund as well if it had happened to me and it’s clearly a defect IMO.

4. momone

momone Senior Member

Thanks gents. That's what I'm trying to make C&J understand. Not a money issue here but rather a product not at the level it should be.
    I'm even considering sending back the boots whatever they say
    wait & see.

5. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Senior Member

Not a good look for C&J, but as you say hopefully they will work out some type of solution for you. Good luck man.

6. mrjamescost

mrjamescost Senior Member

C&Js reputation is at stake here. If you would like, I would gladly write to them and express my personal dissatisfaction at how you are being treated. We could take it to the top - message to the likes of James Fox. I would like to think that the person you are corresponding with will see reason.

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

While I agree the cap toe is unfortunate, this is a great way to shoot the golden goose.

Others may not be aware, but C&J came within a whisker of dismantling their GMTO program a few months ago.

8. mrjamescost

Well, frankly, if they are going to play the game of ‘anybody dare complain, we will shut it down,’ I would sooner steer clear. So I suppose I will have to consider joining the people opting out of future GMTOs.

9. elsalvatrucha

elsalvatrucha Senior Member

Can we get that Galway done first before dismantling the program. We need two more

10. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

Wow...

11. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

Also very surprised this is the position they are taking and would not be happy with their "remedy."

12. Caligula77

Caligula77 Senior Member

Hear, hear!!!

13. wsohn

wsohn Member

Funny... I was considering joining the galway order until I read about Momone's situation.. now I'm kind of waiting to see how it plays out.

Its 625 excluding vat right?

I'm interested in the leather sole and I noticed that two people on dainite not on the double leather list that would be willing to go with the majority that brings the double leather option to 12...

14. mrjamescost

Hello there momone, would you please upload images of the full boots so we can see how noticeable the error is? Thank you. I’m thinking that, if you aren’t happy with them and C&J refuse to give a full refund, instead of sending the boots back regardless, perhaps you could consider getting what you can back then selling them on at a reduced price. (Just so you don’t think I am trying to get them for myself, a size 9.5 is too large for me. I’m pushing my luck with a size 9. :) )

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 7:15 AM

15. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member

I’d personally like to see the whole boot just to see what it looks like