• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hooks come undone hence you have to cinch them down. Eyelets allow for a more breathable comfortable fit that do not come undone. But I am not in that big of a hurry as maybe some of you guys booting up. Food for thought.

zephs

Reaction score
This is unfortunately just how it goes with a GMTO. In order to save a few hundred bucks, there must be pain...lol.

I've been through 2 C&J GMTO's and they have both been identical, a pain in the a$$, but if one has a little patience, worth it in the end.
....at least that's what I tell myself as I keep coming back for more; it's like the geico commercial...some people like banging their heads against the wall..lol :brick:

Actually, imo, GMTO is not only saving some bucks, it is also a share process where suspens and patience is a part of the game. We are waiting Snowdon for almost a year since the begining of the process and it is coming tomorrow. It is finally a better experience than just going to a shop, buying and living. Especially for shoes that we don't really need ( I guess everybody has enough at home already). My 2 cents.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather sole all eyelet wheeling Lindrick 1st GMTO.

Then the **** storm of asking C&J to change soles, hooks etc., on most GTMO’s. I think it’s nice they would even consider any change from the most excellent RL makeups they have produced in quantity before. Hell.. I’d be down with ANY Marlow makeup in Whiskey. Probably get run much quicker as well.
Not trying to be PITA but your never gonna wear Whiskey 1K boots in NE storm unless you workin your back from the tavern.
Whiskey Marlow Penny? Double leather soles? Could be a real beautiful loafer collectable by a few SF members.
25E75309-6A2B-4EF0-9777-9415B8587114.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, imo, GMTO is not only saving some bucks, it is also a share process where suspens and patience is a part of the game. We are waiting Snowdon for almost a year since the begining of the process and it is coming tomorrow. It is finally a better experience than just going to a shop, buying and living. Especially for shoes that we don't really need ( I guess everybody has enough at home already). My 2 cents.

Like I said, some people get lots of pleasure banging their heads against a wall. :bounce2:

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And for others, there is single MTO program ;)
Yep. The GMTO brings an otherwise £1000 MTO boot down to around £750. If money isn’t an issue and you’re THAT keen on a design with certain specifications, just throw the £1000 at C&J and they will gladly accept. In fact, it could be argued that the amount of time and effort certain people put into getting a GMTO through successfully, if they put that same time and effort into doing overtime at work or working on a business deal, they could afford a MTO many times over, no problem. There must be an element of enjoyment and camaraderie to this GMTO process, otherwise it really isn’t worth participating.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe there is such a thing as double and dainite. Not looking for platform shoes lol . I need more folks in this chain to chime in. If we go dainite for this boot it needs to be single leather and dainite imo
Since your asking for opinions on the soles of the brown shell Lindrick, if we go Dainite, I prefer single leather sole.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like the thought of a whiskey Marlow loafer too.

Hope the whiskey Lindrick gets straightened out! I love mine, dainite and all.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it would be beautiful.. If it were planned now it could be raining Whiskey Marlow Full Straps Double Leather in May.. just in time..

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, next time when someone plans a GMTO make a decision on the configuration of the shoe/boot and don't leave anything up for discussion, otherwise it will never get done.
I get what you are saying, the off shoots are a result of that but at the same time I would think you'd still be sitting at the same number of people. People are on one list that wouldn't be interested in the other. Still it doesn't hurt to have it in stone and if someone wants to do another one they can start it.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
congamewin79