• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

alexandchau

Reaction score
Guys,
How about a Gianni scotch with all eyelets and ridgeway soles? Like the one in the pics below except with all eyelets. Looks BADASS!!!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ I could be down with this since I am thinking of replacing my shell Indys with this makeup.

aldenfan

Reaction score
Guess I'll go check out the leathers then. Probably swing by C&J NY on Monday.
Do they have a catalog with swatches in it? Maybe we can just ask them for a printed catalog to be mailed?

aldenfan

Reaction score
IMO other than the leather used on the SNOWDON boot the best option for inclement weather is their rough-out suede.

I have this material on their EXMOOR model and it is impenetrable and the more messed up it gets from bad weather the better it looks.

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/exmoor-roughout#.Uuqg97QXVig
Above: you can see what the rough-out looks like

What about an ISLAY with the toe and heel in rough-out sude and the upper in dark brown scotch grain. with storm welt and dainite.
Wow, they do Veldtschoen construction and full commando soles? I just saw that on the Snowdon. That is awesome!

aldenfan

Reaction score
Seen that and while I think it looks fantastic, I just don't think I need a blue boot at the moment.
+1. I like the look, but I don't think I would fit a blue boot into my rotation currently.

aldenfan

Reaction score
Gentlemen, congratulations to all of the new whiskey Harlech owners. Wear them always in the best of health. Now to those sorry sons of beeches who like myself dearly regret not getting in on this, kudos to hoit, we should seriously consider the available options for a second group MTO and strike while the iron is hot so to speak. The most pertinent questions to ask ourselves are is the MTO going to be a shoe or boot, what leather will it be made from, what color of leather are we ordering, and which Crockett and Jones last will the "dream shoe" be made on. Personally I'm a huge fan of Horween shell cordovan and I like deep browns that at least look rich. While boots are really cool, maybe we can think outside of the box a little on this one. For example, maybe a 5 eyelet C&J "hand-grade" level derby with a slightly beveled waist, a wee bit o' brouging, and a cool medallion on the toe box. Something unique and a bit different would be nice. You know, like my gf, just a little crazy.
I'm a little burned out on shoes and I'm on a boot kick. Doesn't mean I would be out, but I definitely would more like a boot. What about an MTO chukka? Has anyone done really interesting stuff with C&J chukka MTOs?

As far as a shoe, where would a wholecut fit style wise in a wardrobe? Is it a more or less formal shoe? I've recently seen some wholecuts that look pretty cool. Are you set on a derby?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I'm a little burned out on shoes and I'm on a boot kick. Doesn't mean I would be out, but I definitely would more like a boot. What about an MTO chukka? Has anyone done really interesting stuff with C&J chukka MTOs?

As far as a shoe, where would a wholecut fit style wise in a wardrobe? Is it a more or less formal shoe? I've recently seen some wholecuts that look pretty cool. Are you set on a derby?

I'd be out on a chukka and wholecut.

aldenfan

Reaction score
I'd be out on a chukka and wholecut.
Actually, now that I think of it, I think a wholecut would be rather boring for an MTO and also would have too limited appeal to do a group MTO.

Any reasoning on the chukka? Not a fan? Own any C&J chukkas? I don't have any of their chukkas and I'm looking into getting one. Just curious on what you think of them since you have good taste in shoes and boots.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The snowdon is an awesome boot. invincible to the weather. think world war I and II. C&J had a similar design for this boot that was used by Sir Ernest Shackleton on the arctic expeditions. Its a beast.

I still think a boot with some roughout/grain would be very very cool.

As for chukkas - I have an MTO Tetbury in the making in Navy Scotch Grain with some broguing and a strap with silver buckle. Due in March. Tetbury is an awesome boot and it is their #1 selling boot.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Actually, now that I think of it, I think a wholecut would be rather boring for an MTO and also would have too limited appeal to do a group MTO.

Any reasoning on the chukka? Not a fan? Own any C&J chukkas? I don't have any of their chukkas and I'm looking into getting one. Just curious on what you think of them since you have good taste in shoes and boots.

I am not a fan of chukkas. I had one pair of shell and they just weren't "me".

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys,
How about a Gianni scotch with all eyelets and ridgeway soles? Like the one in the pics below except with all eyelets. Looks BADASS!!!

This is no doubt a great looking boot but it would depend on the cost for me. I prefer some other boots that are similar to this style

Last edited:

aldenfan

Reaction score
I am not a fan of chukkas. I had one pair of shell and they just weren't "me".

I own a shell cordovan one that I'm still getting used to and that I don't wear as much. My suede jcrew Alden chukkas though are turning into some of my favorite boots. I'll have to try wearing my shell ones more and see if they are my thing too. I like the sleeker lasts C&J have like the tetbury.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads