• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received word from Lauren. The price for the Harlech Whiskey Shell boot would be 795 plus shipping. For those outside of the UK, the price is 665 gbp plus shipping. So a little over $900. I think I may be out on this at this price. I thought it would be closer to $700.

Falu_al

Reaction score
So I received word from Lauren. The price for the Harlech Whiskey Shell boot would be 795 plus shipping. For those outside of the UK, the price is 665 gbp plus shipping. So a little over $900. I think I may be out on this at this price. I thought it would be closer to $700.

I have a pair from the last round with the dainite sole. You guys wont regret it! But for purely selfish reasons, why don't you guys join the Marlow PTB or Cheviot 2? Cigar and Whiskey. Can't go wrong with those and at a lower price than the boots.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's steep since the Galway was 750/625 GBP plus shipping less than I year ago but I guess all their prices have gone up at bit. I wish I could find the most recent pricing in GBP for the collection.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's steep since the Galway was 750/625 GBP plus shipping less than I year ago but I guess all their prices have gone up at bit. I wish I could find the most recent pricing in GBP for the collection.

Yes, definitely higher. When I bought in 2015 it was GBP 700 before shipping and inclusive of VAT. Even then though, the exchange is better now and even with the higher GBP price people jumping in on this, will pay less than I did.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch, price increase hurts. I may be out of the CJ GMTO game if $900USD is the new norm.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch, price increase hurts. I may be out of the CJ GMTO game if $900USD is the new norm.

Thats really as high i can see it being at the moment since its a whiskey shell [surcharge] boot [most expensive]. I need to pick up my whisky harvards before any future price increases. What i mean is.... we've been spoiled this past year.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't a single MTO in cordovan about $1200-1300 pre-brexit crash?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i paid a bit over 1100 for a single mto last year which i regret now. c&j quality was good, but not 1100 good which I learned the hard way.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't a single MTO in cordovan about $1200-1300 pre-brexit crash?

Sounds about right given the exchange rate at the time. I've been thinking about single MTO for some stuff and a pair of shell bluchers were, at my last quote, about $1000 for Brown and just north of that for Whisky.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats really as high i can see it being at the moment since its a whiskey shell [surcharge] boot [most expensive]. I need to pick up my whisky harvards before any future price increases. What i mean is.... we've been spoiled this past year.

I would probably pick up a pair of whiskey Harvards if I wasn't so unsure of my ability to find the right size.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dang, looks like another GMTO to bite the dust. Will I ever see another GMTO shell boot come to fruition?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would probably pick up a pair of whiskey Harvards if I wasn't so unsure of my ability to find the right size.

Maybe swing by Sky Valet and try some on when you make your pilgrimage to Alden DC?

Falu_al

Reaction score
Yeah, just after Brexit there was a huge dip that was later offset by GBP rebound. Yet i reckon that we are now back to Brexit levels, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Nevertheless, if you want a shell cordovan boot in cigar or whiskey, it's a pretty good deal.

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score

Same issue here.

Maybe swing by Sky Valet and try some on when you make your pilgrimage to Alden DC?

I would do this but it doesn't sit right with me wasting their time without a purchase, especially since I've already done it once wi th the Marlow/Pembroke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads