• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Caligula77

Reaction score
so if we get enough interest, we can get the ball moving on a whiskey Coniston.

Whiskey Shell Coniston
Last 325
Brass Eyelets
Antique sole edge
Double leather sole with a storm welt

Count me in

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of double leather to be nicer and the double leather sole to be more comfortable after breaking in.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a conservative boot? Namely the Consiton in black smooth calf?

derv

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a conservative boot? Namely the Consiton in black smooth calf?
You know, I bought a rough-out suede pair this winter and they look like crap. I have no idea how to care for them, they need nourishment of some sort.

djbanor

Reaction score
You know, I bought a rough-out suede pair this winter and they look like crap. I have no idea how to care for them, they need nourishment of some sort.
Use some dubbin wax or neatsfoot oil. Only a light application. They will look as good as new. If they darken too much just leave them for a couple of days to absorb the oils.

Deusis

Reaction score
Received my Whiskey Shell Cordovan Harlechs from the January GMTO today. They're absolutely stunning. Sadly, I went with the same size on the 341 Last (11E) as the 325 (11E) and 335 (11E) and they're a touch too narrow for me. So if you're interested in this pair in 11 E UK, let me know. I just want to get back what I paid -- $820.

Rl7z5HQ.jpg

WEAAY8F.jpg

x6raOuZ.jpg

Landau

Reaction score
so if we get enough interest, we can get the ball moving on a whiskey Coniston.

Whiskey Shell Coniston
Last 325
Brass Eyelets
Antique sole edge
Double leather sole with a storm welt

I'm interested as well.

Skelnik

Reaction score
I you want an idea of the result (here in #8) :

c3bf0ceb61197bcf6e3f991bd7ba13fe.jpg

Beautifull make up but to close of whiskey Harlech in my case (and I spent too much on GMTO this year).
Maybe next year in #8. I have these idea for a while.
Good luck with your gmto.

I like these. Very similar to the Brooks Brothers captoe boots, but a better last. Also would prefer Dainite sole though.

Last edited:

derv

Reaction score
I don't get all of you my heavy sole brothers. The danite sole is too heavy and clunky for me. Good for winter, but THATS IT IMO. I'm concerned the double leather will be as heavy/clunky/inflexible.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are beauts. I find the 341 too narrow as well in the standard E width. I would also consider a wide size run of harlechs rather than the conistons if people prefer the 341 shape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads