• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Resistant

Reaction score
Laces swap is a must for the Galway 2. I'm on the Monday list also, hopefully I'll see more pics before I leave the office, But already excited by the second set of photos. Well done.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would electing blind eyelets be allowed under the GMTO rules?

Pretty sure everyone in the GMTO has to have the same specs.

The only difference or variation I have seen is people adding toe taps for an additional charge.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Galway 2 Whisky Cordovan. Incredibly pleased with these. Thanks again everyone!

IMG_9813.JPG

IMG_9817.JPG

IMG_9819.JPG

IMG_9823.JPG

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful photos gentlemen!

Thanks again to @KPDarb. I basically swept in at the 11th hour, and was able to be added to the GMTO. They are lovely boots . . . I got mine today but haven't had a chance to take any photos. Between the C&J Whiskey Lindrick, Whiskey Marlow, Whiskey Galway, and the Allen Edmonds Dalton in natural shell, I may have gone a bit overboard on light colored shell . . . but I always want more . . .

Resistant

Reaction score
Galway 2 photos are excellent, representative of the pair I received today. Eyeballing the fit and it seems that Lauren really nailed it.

Thank you KPDarb, you must have tremendous patients. Thanks everyone for being part and making this special boot happen.
I will find a bottle that matches the shell- mine have a Highland Park 18 or West Cork 10 hue. very nice pairing

Wowee Zowee

Reaction score
Am I reading the GMTO spreadsheet correctly - no dark brown wing tip bluchers active right now? New to this, hankering for some shell in my life again

repete66219

Reaction score
Am I reading the GMTO spreadsheet correctly - no dark brown wing tip bluchers active right now? New to this, hankering for some shell in my life again
I too would be on board with some dark brown shell wingtips (Dainite). I guess we just need another 10 or so to make it happen?

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
As if there weren't enough photos... here are some of my pair that just arrived.

Oh wow, that finishing is marvelous! My Lindricks had some poor stitching and small tears in the Shell on the shaft (almost as if pull-tabs were stitched on and then ripped off), but I think this is fully an aesthetic problem, not structural, so I don't mind too much. But seeing how perfect these came out makes me a bit jealous!

Would you say your Rocado Whiskey belts would be a fair match/compliment to these? The Tiger Stripe brown is darker but it looks like it might pair decently too (and I've got more shades of shell coming in so a versatile shell belt may be ideal over a perfect match!).

djbanor

Reaction score
I too would be on board with some dark brown shell wingtips (Dainite). I guess we just need another 10 or so to make it happen?
Would be nice if we could get an American D width run going. I would be in on that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads