• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

djbanor

Reaction score
I'll admit I've considered going rogue on the Navy Dundees and ordering them as a single MTO. $1100 doesn't sound that bad...That's just a bit more than what Carmina would charge for any Navy shell boots, and I don't particularly care for their boots.

At this point I wouldn't blame you. 12 is a lot of people to round up!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll admit I've considered going rogue on the Navy Dundees and ordering them as a single MTO.  $1100 doesn't sound that bad...That's just a bit more than what Carmina would charge for any Navy shell boots, and I don't particularly care for their boots.

Then you should do it. You will have a complete freedom to customize everything instead of settling for the group made specifications.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
That's my plan now that we've had 3 drop out. If we can't get back to 12 by middle of next month (i.e. my non-rent paycheck), then I'll do a solo buy. I've been aching for these ever since the thought came up!

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inquired about my coniston MTO with Russian grain with antique hooks/eyes and ridgeway soles. Apparently the Russian calf commands the same premium as shell! I had no idea

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Inquired about my coniston MTO with Russian grain with antique hooks/eyes and ridgeway soles. Apparently the Russian calf commands the same premium as shell! I had no idea

Yeah and tbh the Russian calf really isn't any different than other embossed leathers such as country calf or egs utah. I guess if I were so I inclined I would just save up for the cleverly stuff.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah and tbh the Russian calf really isn't any different than other embossed leathers such as country calf or egs utah. I guess if I were so I inclined I would just save up for the cleverly stuff.

Thats comforting. I'm really just itching for some grain and this was different enough to spark some interest. I'm a big fan of hatch grain and will end probably going with an EB jumper or something. Still exploring my options. I also love EG Utah but can't reasonably afford EG right now.

ErikW

Reaction score
I thought the Whiskey Shell Grasmere was dead, but apparently not! I heard from Lauren this morning that she has 11/12 people confirmed for size and the shoe. She is going to be billing, but apparently needs one more person to sign up before she can send it to the factory. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

djbanor

Reaction score
I thought the Whiskey Shell Grasmere was dead, but apparently not! I heard from Lauren this morning that she has 11/12 people confirmed for size and the shoe. She is going to be billing, but apparently needs one more person to sign up before she can send it to the factory. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I was wondering about this too. Maybe one more post in r/GYW to see if someone wants to jump on board?

BTW, is that a picture of the pair we're getting? We'd decided on exposed eyelets, correct?

ErikW

Reaction score
I was wondering about this too. Maybe one more post in r/GYW to see if someone wants to jump on board?

BTW, is that a picture of the pair we're getting? We'd decided on exposed eyelets, correct?

That is not an exact pair, but pretty darn close. I found that photo on a Japanese website - it's a Whiskey Grasmere but with a slightly different makeup. Yes, we did decide on eyelets.

Someone signed up on the spreadsheet at some point recently, so I reached out to them earlier. If I don't hear anything back, I'll post it out on Reddit.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If they had leather soles I jump on them...

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are the specs on these?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads