• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

tkebh979

Reaction score
Quote:
If you are going to do so, please do so soon. Still hoping to gift these for Christmas, the longer this resizing process takes, the less likely that becomes. Thanks.
revolve.gif

djbanor

Reaction score
Navy shell Dundee update:

@wklq76a
@naspratt
@ScarsdaleVibe
@devastitis
@ryantaylor05

Heard from Lauren this morning. The price for this will be £690 for UK and EU customers, and £575 everyone else. Shipping outside the UK/EU is £30. Shoe trees are £60 for UK and EU, £50 for the rest.

As far as the details, I think everyone is on board with the Ridgeway sole, antique edges, and the storm welt.

We still have to finalize the pattern. Right now some people want extra broguing, some want the regular Dundee pattern, and one prefers no medallion. I would like the regular Dundee pattern with the Islay pull tab but no extra broguing.

Also, the color of the metal hardware has been a sticking point. I'm happy to go with antique brass (non-shiny) or gunmetal. Please let me know your thoughts and update the spreadsheet accordingly.

For everyone else, if you're interested in this GMTO, please add yourself to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1acZiSz7uSwv870RmvVJimRTNyUkIVeJtPUdYaL7w_yY/edit

I will make a post about this later tonight on r/goodyearwelt to drum up interest. Hope this can be done soon!

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
I can't access the Google sheet at work (darn big brother!).

I'm flexible on the hardware but prefer a contrast color to gunmetal. Will take what I can get though. Flexible on the pattern as well, but would prefer there to be a medallion.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@wklq76a
@naspratt
@ScarsdaleVibe
@devastitis
@ryantaylor05

Heard from Lauren this morning. The price for this will be £690 for UK and EU customers, and £575 everyone else. Shipping outside the UK/EU is £30. Shoe trees are £60 for UK and EU, £50 for the rest.

As far as the details, I think everyone is on board with the Ridgeway sole, antique edges, and the storm welt.

We still have to finalize the pattern. Right now some people want extra broguing, some want the regular Dundee pattern, and one prefers no medallion. I would like the regular Dundee pattern with the Islay pull tab but no extra broguing.

Also, the color of the metal hardware has been a sticking point. I'm happy to go with antique brass (non-shiny) or gunmetal. Please let me know your thoughts and update the spreadsheet accordingly.

For everyone else, if you're interested in this GMTO, please add yourself to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1acZiSz7uSwv870RmvVJimRTNyUkIVeJtPUdYaL7w_yY/edit

I will make a post about this later tonight on r/goodyearwelt to drum up interest. Hope this can be done soon!
I put my name on the list, in full disclosure I could possibly drop. Im expecting my navy shell trumans in the next week or so and Im not sure if they are going to fit. That will dictate if im in on this gmto or not.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that the Walrlow didn't come with the wheeling detail of the original marlow. Was this an option (obviously it is an option but i was wondering if this was decided against) or does this just confirm that they are cordovan pembrokes?

tkebh979

Reaction score
@KPDarb Good catch on the wheeling detail in the Marlow. Given we are on hold, I'll ask Lauren to be sure to include the wheeling.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@KPDarb
 Good catch on the wheeling detail in the Marlow.  Given we are on hold, I'll ask Lauren to be sure to include the wheeling.

Did the original Lindrick have wheeling as well?

IGotId

Reaction score

Are talking about 9 US or UK for your Coniston?

9UK

If you are going to do so, please do so soon.  Still hoping to gift these for Christmas, the longer this resizing process takes, the less likely that becomes.  Thanks. :revolve:

Just sent Lauren an email but it seems like she's out of the office until Wednesday.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I want to make a Snowdon boot (basically a plain toe version of the EG Galway) in whiskey or brown shell if possible. I figure I'd see if anyone has interest but might go solo with markup if not. Can anyone PM me Lauren's email so I can check feasibility?

Thanks

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Russian calf that CJ has dropped on IG has me itching for something in it. I don't even know if it's possible yet but maybe a Drummond or Chevoit 2 on danite. Not really sure yet but would love a shoe for spring. Totally good with a Galway or Skye too

djbanor

Reaction score

We're now at 12 people. One or two people may back out, so if you're interested and not already on the list, please add yourself to the waitlist here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1acZiSz7uSwv870RmvVJimRTNyUkIVeJtPUdYaL7w_yY/edit#gid=0

We still have to decide between Brass and Gunmetal hardware. Most people are indifferent but we have two specific votes for each, so I take it that these are hard preferences.

I've asked Lauren about the extra broguing. She will also get back to me about veldtschoen construction and 5 eyelets + 3 speedhooks (instead of 4+4). We can decide on these after I hear from her.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads