• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Longwings appear to be a straight last.. Maybe 335?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Longwings appear to be a straight last.. Maybe 335?

The inside has "325" written in them. I agree they look a little straighter, although the angle of the photo magnifies that effect.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at them, the more I think the BB longwings must be on a different last despite what's printed inside.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Whew. Finally got my Dundees and Warlows yesterday.

Warlow

I compared the 9.5E UK Warlow to 10.5D US Pembroke from Barney's and 10.5D US Marlow
All three feel the same to me. There's less sizing variation between those three than I've experienced with identical sized Alden Barrie lasted models.

Marlow

Pembroke

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Warlow

I compared the 9.5E UK Warlow to 10.5D US Pembroke from Barney's and 10.5D US Marlow
All three feel the same to me. There's less sizing variation between those three than I've experienced with identical sized Alden Barrie lasted models.

Marlow

Pembroke

Those all look great! Really wish our Lindrick GMTO would have that light/natural edge.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only person who tends to buy several shoes that are very similar in style. Love those Marlows/Warlows/Pembrokes.

IGotId

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the sizing advice!
The problem is that my Coniston fits quite loose, even with a thicker sock
eh.gif

So I can almost fit a finger in between my Coniston's heel & the shoe, does that equate to about a 1/2 size?

Last edited:

kczsilence

Reaction score

Warlow

Marlow

Pembroke

Glad you finally got them!

Now I'm a bit curious. I thought I read somewhere that the Marlow fit half a size large like Aldens barrie last. According to that and your sizing, it seems to imply 1.5 sizes down from brannock and conversion from D to E for UK sizing.

My Warlows fit a little large length wise and just a tad width wise, not unmanageable. I heard shell doesn't really stretch and if that's how they'll be fine and technically minimal break-in.

tocohillsguy

Reaction score
PM me if your Warlow order is for a 10E. Perhaps we can work an exchange. I think I need a 9.5E.

wqvong

Reaction score
Still confused. I wear Barrie 9.5D/E should I be getting warlow in 9E UK?

schmallo15

Reaction score

Still confused. I wear Barrie 9.5D/E should I be getting warlow in 9E UK?

There's too much conflicting advice here. I think it's a function of the RL Marlow sizing being inconsistent throughout the years. Some people feel they fit the same as the 325, some feel they fit smaller. Both are probably true.

I would say to ignore all the noise about how the RL Marlow fits in relation to the 325 and go by the following rule of thumb:

Go 1 size down from your Brannock size. If you are a 10D on the brannock, go with a 9E UK on the 325 lasted Warlow.

Of course, the caveat is that this will not work 100% of the time for 100% of people because everyone has a different foot shape but this is probably the easiest way to stay out of the confusion caused by the RL Marlow sizing issues.

Vincent Chanal

Reaction score
My experience is Barrie 8E US size smaller than Coniston (325) 8UK. 325 is large and have a generous toes box
But I have both in 8US (Barrie) et 8UK (Coniston) and I'am happy like that.

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score

My experience is Barrie 8E US size smaller than Coniston (325) 8UK. 325 is large and have a generous toes box
But I have both in 8US (Barrie) et 8UK (Coniston) and I'am happy like that.

Same. I am an 11.5D Barrie. I recently bought some Conistons in 11.5E. They may be just a touch larger all around. An 11E would have been too small for me.

IGotId

Reaction score
Quote:
I'm a 9.5D Barrie as well. I have a Coniston in 9 that fits a little loose (can almost fit a finger between my heel & the shoe. I've ordered a Warlow in 9 but an now considering changing to an 8.5...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads