1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Agree with this.

I do wish C&J's current "whiskey" shell looked more like their old whiskey, and not like Allen Edmond's "walnut" shell looked like a few years ago. But that's just personal preference!

2. jitkie

jitkie Member

I completely agree with you on that, but the price increase is close approaching the threshold for custom tax in Australia - too close for comfort. I can't risk paying another 10% on top. I thought I could try to sneak one in before my wedding but alas the scheme didn't go as planned.

3. BackInTheJox

Gotcha! Hadn't considered the import/custom fees (and did not know where you live).

1 person likes this.
  4. ltjaw

ltjaw Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense. I hope you didn't understand my post as directed toward you in any way. I would never impugn a gentleman's reasons for deciding not to buy a luxury item, and I have had similar concerns about the $800 import duty cut off for me in the US. I have a sense that these MTO efforts can be pretty fragile, and I hope the March 1 increase doesn't tumble the house of cards.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  5. jitkie

jitkie Member

No offence taken. I am glad we can have a civilised conversation regarding thoughts and opinions. Oh how I wish I could continue with the GMTO! A pair of whiskey cordovan shoes is the ever fleeting dream...

6. PCRL

PCRL Member

5% raise is fine for me since the shop from Fukuoka is selling it for almost double

7. wsohn

wsohn Member

Hate to bug....

For the brown marlow wing tips can we get updates on the people who havent paid yet?

If any of you guys are having sizing problems etc maybe we can offer advice?

Or if you lost interest would be great to know ahead of time to see if we can squeeze in someone before the price hike.

8. BackInTheJox

For the United States at least, Crockett and Jones mails the shoes with no receipt or pricing information on or in the package. I believe they declare the value as significantly lower than what you actually paid. They send you a receipt separately in a paper envelope.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  9. Birdieputt

Birdieputt New Member

Waiting for the payment link from Lauren.

10. Falu_al

Falu_al Senior member

@mosy @Caligula77@mkdd

Hello there Gents!

just writing to check if you may reconsider option 2, dainite sole, for the Brown Marlow PTB? If you do we would be able to bring this one in today completing our roster of 12.

11. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Warlow 2.0 8.5E
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. BackInTheJox

chip, it might just be the lighting, but your pair looks much closer to what I was envisioning/hoping for than mine! Edit: actually I think in direct sunlight ours are both very similar. Carry on.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  13. mosy

mosy Senior member

Sorry guys, can only do this if double leather. Thanks for checking in though.

14. smuj

smuj Active Member

These look great and renew my determination to stick with the Whiskey Cheviot. I hope it does the same for others as we have suffered a little haemorrhage of late. The Whiskey looks as I would expect in the sunshine. All shell looks very dark indoors IMO.

More specifically I think the welt looks great. Somebody had mentioned going for a natural welt as a point of difference from their other shoes. I still think the pictured brown (some call it antique) welt above looks better but I especially like the natural stitch detail. I think this makes the shoes different and helps in the absence of wheeling. I have this on a pair of Tricker's chukka and it looks great (originally a white stitch but a light scrim of tan polish immediately knocks it back a couple of shades).

I think we (or maybe its just me) appreciate C&J for their understated and sophisticated take on shoes. A bright natural welt looks better on other brands IMO. I think it is a 'pimp' too far for the heavily trad C&J. But I think the natural stitch is good and helps emphasise the craft in these shoes.

Can I propose the pictured brown welt/natural stitch combo for the Cheviot 2. It does look good and congrats to those that chose it for their Warlows. A bit jealous.

15. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

Lauren said we have 9 paid so far and she sent the last 3 World Pay links this morning so you must be one of those 3. After you make payment please mark the spreadsheet that you paid so we can keep a running tally. Thank you very much for staying involved and working to ensure we get this order in before the price increase. We all appreciate it. With any luck we can have this order going to the factory today.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  16. caffed

caffed Member

Hi there

I have not participated in a Crockett and Jones GMTO before. I want to start a "Gianni" GMTO.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks in advance!

17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

What is the hold up gents let's finish this gmto all ready for snowdon !!!

18. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

There are still 2 people who need to pay GMTO Snowdon.

Come on!!

@shunted22 : are still here?

19. momone

momone Senior member

@DSky is waiting for invoice from C&J but OK if I understood Well
    @shunted22 replied to Pernilla's first email but I don't know what's going on since. Sir, please be quick to finish. Today is the last day. I have a backup ready to pay

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  20. BackInTheJox

Just FYI, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone, but i don't get any kind of notification when someone tags my username (as above for the people yet to pay). Since time is a factor, and there is no type of notification system, I would directly PM them.