• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

tkebh979

Reaction score
Ugh Ugh Ugh. So much remorse for not getting in on that.

Twice.

nest.gif

gsgleason

Reaction score
I ordered a 11E UK Warlow based on my 11.5D Marlow.

I received it yesterday, and it's significantly wider than the Marlow, but the length is the same.

I found several mention here and elsewhere suggesting that the Marlow was built on a narrow 325 last, and I would have to agree after comparing the two side by side (and with the feel).

I'll post photos when I can.

tocohillsguy

Reaction score

I received it yesterday, and it's significantly wider than the Marlow, but the length is the same.

I found several mention here and elsewhere suggesting that the Marlow was built on a narrow 325 last, and I would have to agree after comparing the two side by side (and with the feel).

I'm no expert, but I suspect the difference is attributable to who built the shoe and not the last. When I tried on my 10E Warlows they felt like by 10.5D Marlows, but I'll give them a closer inspection tonight.

gsgleason

Reaction score
It's much more than the small differences among handmade shoes. I think a picture will be more clear, so I'll do that when I get home.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting. I'd definitely like to see the pics.

I usually take an E width (US), but the 8.5 (US) Marlow fit me ok....maybe a hair long and a hair narrow. The 8 (US) was definitely too snug, but I don't recall of it was more the length or the width. I had hypothesized that a wider "US 8" from RL would fit best if it existed.
I don't own any Marlows, have only tried on. But my CJ/BB longwings are "US 8.5" and fit me like I recall the Marlows in the same size fitting.

But if the UK version is truly wider, perhaps I should've sized down another half size to 7.5UK. I did send Lauren a tracing of my foot and she still said 8E UK was the best/closest fit so we will see!

I actually have stock Pembrokes in 8E shipping from the UK tomorrow, so I will find out very shortly.....but if it turns out the size is too big, it will likely be too late to alter my Warlow MTO order.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've purchased from the NY store on 341 plain toe shell and 314 loafers.. They were a full size down US TTS. I phoned them about last 325 and they recommended a full size down on this last. Intersingly they added last 335 is pretty much the same as 325 but the toe box is higher, similar dimentions however..

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

All Hail the Warlow:

IMG_0889_zpspl7cumi9.jpg
IMG_0893_zpsqdtuq9xb.jpg

IMG_0885_zpsemhujf0y.jpg

IMG_0891_zpso9sta707.jpg

C&J did a fantastic job on these. The welt stitch is much more appealing than I thought it would be.

Special thanks to all who participated.

16795-Aristotle-Quote-Patience-is-bitter-but-its-fruit-is-sweet.jpg

Regardless of the welt stitch, which i would not be disappointed with, they look amazing. I cannot wait until December for the next delivery. Congrats on a spectacular shoe!

tocohillsguy

Reaction score
Here's my 10.5D Marlow next to my 10E Warlow. Excuse the poor picture. The lighting was so bad I had to use the flash. Still I would say these are the same size. If anything the Warlow may be a tad longer, but that could be attributed solely to the sole. The wingtips differ slightly in their lengths. For me the fit is equivalent.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my 10.5D Marlow next to my 10E Warlow. Excuse the poor picture. The lighting was so bad I had to use the flash. Still I would say these are the same size. If anything the Warlow may be a tad longer, but that could be attributed solely to the sole. The wingtips differ slightly in their lengths. For me the fit is equivalent.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. The difference in wingtip length is pretty stark, IMO. I wonder if it's just variability in lasting, pattern update, or something else? The size difference?

100 yrs

Reaction score
Busted out the dundees today. Honestly not entirely sure if these are for me, but they are really good looking (not much color variation irl, it was the way the light was falling)

loxo

Reaction score
I just received the magic email that Navy Shell Camberleys are shipping..!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw something from C&J on my UPS App then got the Camberly email too.
Still waiting on my Warlow/Dundees. :(

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Busted out the dundees today. Honestly not entirely sure if these are for me, but they are really good looking (not much color variation irl, it was the way the light was falling)

Hey man these look great! Look at what most wear.. zero comparison .. Awesome boot Sir!

gsgleason

Reaction score

I wasn't able to really capture it with the camera that well.

I tried them on again and they're certainly more loose fitting than my Marlows, and that may be due to the lasting process being less snug, or something like that. It does appear that more of the welt is present on these as well, which exacerbates the issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads