1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO

[​IMG]
    GMTO Specs:
    Last: 325
    Width: E
    Color: Whisky
    Material: Shell Cordovan
    Eyelets: Blind/Hidden (TBD this is the current preference)
    Edges: Natural
    Welt: Storm
    Sole: JR Double Leather

Price with double JR soles:
    Price (Including VAT) - £665
    Price - (Excluding VAT) - £556.67 = about $691.12 (at current exchange rate)

Postage - This varies depending on where the customer is based. £30 to USA

Prices go up £25 March 1. We need to have full payment by the 28th to get in before that happens.

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO Spreadsheet

• 11 Signed up! Need one more. I have emails from about half of you. Please send me your emails so I can pass them along to Lauren once we have 12 as time will be a factor here to get in under the deadline.
    • I spoke to Lauren about the edge just for clarification and this was the response:
      In regards to the edge colour these are;

Natural
      Brown
      Black

With a antique this tends to be in a brown

2. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

I just looked at the spec sheet that was included in the email from Pernilla and it says that we are doing 4 eyelets and 4 speedhooks. I think the standard Snowdon (and the first GMTO) had 4 eyelets and 5 speedhooks. Should we point that out to Pernilla? I think the extra set of hooks is needed for the longer shaft.

3. momone

momone Senior member

You're right
    We talked previously about that with pernilla and agreed on 4+5 (as previous run). It must be à mistake
    I'll mail her anyway to be sure

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  4. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I have no experience with previous c&j zug make up but ok with whatever you guys pick & info send to her via email, now waiting for the link to pay. Also for what it's worth my EG zugg has four eyelet & four speed hook look & works fine.

5. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

I believe the Snowdon has a taller shaft than the Galway.

6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Ok no problem, then do whatever it takes to fix the problem I am game & ok with it.

7. smuj

smuj Active Member

[​IMG]
    19 hours of MTO silence. Just checking everything is still working.

2 people like this.
  8. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Alright guys we are getting close to the end of the month and we need one more for the whisky cheviot 2! Let's close it.

9. momone

momone Senior member

Got Pernilla
    We are indeed talking of a 4+5 boot. Everything is fine
    I received the payment request
    GOGOGOGO guys

1 person likes this.
  10. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I take it every thing is good & eyelet & speed hook has been resolved any way payment is paid my man. Thank you for organizing this [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

Done!

I hope I am ok with the size. I have seen that it is longer than Coniston and I was wondering if I have to downsize.

12. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

Any updates? Did we get 12?

13. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

[​IMG]

GMTO Specs:
    Last: 325
    Width: E
    Color: Dark Brown
    Material: Shell Cordovan
    Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
    Edges: Antique
    Welt: Storm
    Sole: JR Double Leather

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Metal toe tips can be added on an individual basis. If anyone is interested just let Lauren know before you pay and she will adjust the price for you. Please note that this will increase the delivery date by an additional 2 weeks for anyone who adds this to their order.

Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

Please PM me with your email address if you have not done so already so that I have that ready for Lauren when she needs to contact everyone for their size, payment, etc.

Price:
    If everyone pays before March 1st: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)
    If anyone pays after March 1st: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: I still have not received contact info from HerrMunich or any of the backups so we need to move forward at this point. Normally more time would be granted, but with the impending price increase we need to move quickly and I believe everyone understands this. The last spot goes to whoever provides me their contact information first and can provide your size and payment to Lauren within a couple days at the most.

14. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

Just paid for the Snowdon. Now the wait begins.

15. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

16. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  17. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

[COLOR=8B4513]brown shell MArlow Ptb[/COLOR]

Hello Gentlemen, KPDarb, who started the ball rolling on this GMTO has bowed out. I'll pick up the ball and see if we can get to 12. The proposed makeup is identical to the RL Marlow PTB but it will be made under the Grasmere model (on the 325 last). The specs are: Specs:
    • Grasmere (325 last)
    • Dark brown (C&J color "dark cognac") shell cordovan
    • Double leather soles
    • Exposed eyelets
    • Storm welt
    • Antique welt/edge
    I have eliminated the option to choose between double leather soles and Dainite soles. And, I have eliminated the option to choose JR double leather soles. Price: £620 (less VAT is £516.67). Shipping to US is £30.00. I believe that the price indicated includes the increase to be applied on March 1. So, perhaps if we get 12 and all pay before then the price will be lower. Click on BROWN SHELL MARLOW PTB above to go to the signup spreadsheet. Feel free to contact me with any questions! [​IMG]
    [/quote]

18. mosy

mosy Senior member

[/quote] Isn't the color supposed to be dark brown?

19. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

Isn't the color supposed to be dark brown?[/quote]

Yes, it is dark brown. C&J calls the color dark cognac. I'll edit my post.

20. mosy

mosy Senior member

Yes, it is dark brown. C&J calls the color dark cognac. I'll edit my post.[/quote]

I wasn't aware of that. When i ran the Lindrick GMTO i referred to it as dark brown and Lauren referred to it as that as well. As long as we are talking about the same color it doesn't really matter what it's called.