• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

djbanor

Reaction score
I'm in for navy. If you guys decide to go with whiskey, put me on the wait list, as I'm not completely sold on whiskey shell. I'm also good with any of the hardware choices, whatever majority votes on. But it would have to be 4+4, and a rubber sole.

Looks like navy is the majority verdict as of now. I'm sure there will be more whiskey runs later that I could jump on :)

@djbanor , I'd really like Dundee on 341 last and in brown cordovan. I'll be fine with any other specs regarding sole, eyelets etc.

Hi @Gabru , I think the one thing the group didn't want was brown shell. The last discussion we could open up. I don't want the Radnor / Snowdon last, but all others I'm open to.

ryantaylor05

Reaction score
My preference would be navy shell, as I'm expecting the Whiskey Harlech in October. I also lean towards non-brass hardware. The contrast may be a little too much on a darker shade of shell for me. And is the Dundee make up 100% decided? I may not want as much broguing but that's not a deal killer for me. Looking forward to see how this takes shape.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I received a shipping confirmation for the Warlow as well.

Exciting, exciting.

And still with a little bit of summer left @bespoken pa

:)

yes sir monday they will be in hand....good times my friends!

SteveL91

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, the Warlow:

My pictures aren't great, but they seem to capture the color (and the color gradient) decently well. Unfortunately, they're a hair big. Even more unfortunately, it's just heel slip, and it feels perfect everywhere else; the 8.5 would probably be uncomfortable. Guess I'll have to try an insole.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ladies and gentlemen, the Warlow:

My pictures aren't great, but they seem to capture the color (and the color gradient) decently well. Unfortunately, they're a hair big. Even more unfortunately, it's just heel slip, and it feels perfect everywhere else; the 8.5 would probably be uncomfortable. Guess I'll have to try an insole.

Gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures. Did you initially have concerns over your sizing when ordering?

Last edited:

SteveL91

Reaction score
Yea, I've never owned C&J, but I couldn't pass up the Lindrick or the Warlow. The sizing advice was damn good, but obviously not perfect. With the Warlow, I really don't think the 8.5 would have felt comfortable: I think it would have been too tight in the forefoot. The Lindrick, despite being the same size, doesn't give me any heel slip. It just feels a bit big if I force my foot forward, but it's not like I'm walking out of them. With the Warlow, the heel slip means it's unwearable until I get an insole, or try thicker socks.

I should note that I have narrowish, rather low-volume feet, so my sizing tends to be weird. For example, a 9D on the Alden Barrie fits well, but the 9.5 gives me a ton of heel slip. On the other hand, the 9UK (which I've heard maps to a 10US) on Bonafe's 363MOD is too small, but thankfully, not small enough to make the boots unwearable.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks!

The shoes look great. Can't wait for mine in a few months.

Only change I'd maybe make is I'd prefer not to have such a light thread for the welt stitching.

SteveL91

Reaction score
Honestly, I feel like if my feet (heels in particular) were a bit wider, this would be a damn near perfect fit. Even the Barrie in 9.5 is great everywhere but the heel.

I actually really like the white thread as I feel like the whisky pops nicely due to the contrast. On the other hand, it's Horween whisky cordovan... it'd be tough to make it look bad.

devastitis

Reaction score

Honestly, I feel like if my feet (heels in particular) were a bit wider, this would be a damn near perfect fit. Even the Barrie in 9.5 is great everywhere but the heel.

I actually really like the white thread as I feel like the whisky pops nicely due to the contrast. On the other hand, it's Horween whisky cordovan... it'd be tough to make it look bad.

So you're a 9D Barrie and you went UK9 in these?

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer navy. Definitely want a rubber sole, preferably Ridgeway. Their commando is a bit much.
And is the Dundee make up 100% decided?  I may not want as much broguing but that's not a deal killer for me.   

Heh, I asked if we could get more broguing a la the Skye or Islay.

SteveL91

Reaction score
Yea, that was based on the best guess of Pernilla and Lauren. I'm a 10US.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks!

Only change I'd maybe make is I'd prefer not to have such a light thread for the welt stitching.

Agreed! Let's hope they "accidentally" make it darker for our run.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine the white stitching gets darker with wear. I bet a toothbrush and tan wax would darken them easily

tkebh979

Reaction score
I imagine the white stitching gets darker with wear. I bet a toothbrush and tan wax would darken them easily

Agreed! Let's hope they "accidentally" make it darker for our run.

Gotcha, thanks!

As I understand it, the 2.0 will not have contrast stitching. It wasn't an option that we discussed, IIRC, though @Watchman1 mentioned that the 1.0 had it after we finalized the makeup of the 2.0. Different strokes, to be sure, but I'm not a big fan of the high contrast welt, edge, and outsole thing on something with the expected lifespan of a cordovan shoe.

My younger brother, the touring musician, laughs at me from his mountain of Trickers. He'd dig a navy Dundee... if it were black or #8.
happy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads