• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

devastitis

Reaction score

Yup. I was on this thread regularly due to joining the Warlow 2.0, but when I saw that they needed a few more for the Lindrick and I knew that someday I would be looking for a pair, I couldn't pass it up given the price.
I can't decide if I want a dark brown shell Lindrick boot or mahogany shell EB boot for my brown pair of boots. Lindricks look amazing though.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume Warlow is now closed out? Wonder if a second run will happen?

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This latest warlow run is a bit slow. We were all supposed to provide payment info to Lauren starting a couple weeks ago. I wonder if some are having second thoughts?

Last edited:

tkebh979

Reaction score
This latest warlow run is a bit slow. We were all supposed to provide payment info to Lauren starting a couple weeks ago. I wonder if some are having second thoughts?

I really hope not ^

Working on this this morning... hope to have an update soon... I noticed that you've mentioned confirming on the thread, did you guys confirm with Lauren?

Last edited:

tkebh979

Reaction score

@chipshot , we're keeping a waitlist in the event there's enough interest for another run. I'll add you to it.

At the moment, there's a few people that have verbally but not financially confirmed. By the end of the week, if those folks don't financially confirm, I'll be moving people from the waitlist into the GMTO.

I'll add you to the GMTO Spreadsheet... please PM me your email address and I'll put you in touch with Lauren to be waitlisted.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

tkebh979

Reaction score
Yep I sent her payment info for Lindrick and Warlow 8/1. Fingers crossed everyone is still in on this

Lauren is in the process of letting me know who she has on her list of 7. Will be following up with the 5 remaining.

We have had some folks back out (and subsequently back into the waitlist after a week or two's reconsideration)... but there has been enough interest throughout the process that spots made available as a result of cancellations were filled through waitlisters.

This process has been more ...deliberate... than I would have hoped.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not in on this run but if what I'm gathering is that people have committed and then just leave the whole group hanging by not paying (for more than a week and it sounds like 2 or more) and not communicating their intention to back out, that's messed up and those people should be dropped ASAP like hot rocks. It's not ok, it screws everybody else over, and it shouldn't be tolerated - meaning you should let alternates in and not be patient with people who have showed no consideration to the group.

My 2 cents.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was the same unfortunate phenomenon that occurred with the Warlow I.

I will say this; all the gentlemen who were kind and cordial enough to contact me via PM and let me know they had to back out for whatever reason were the exception.

But I literally had Lauren emailing asking if I knew JoeBlow from Timbuktu who wanted in on the order....and then all the sudden there were people who were contacting her from internet platforms that I never heard of before...

It was this element that gave us the biggest fits...

tkebh979

Reaction score
Not in on this run but if what I'm gathering is that people have committed and then just leave the whole group hanging by not paying (for more than a week and it sounds like 2 or more) and not communicating their intention to back out, that's messed up and those people should be dropped ASAP like hot rocks. It's not ok, it screws everybody else over, and it shouldn't be tolerated - meaning you should let alternates in and not be patient with people who have showed no consideration to the group.

My 2 cents.

I agree with your sentiment - my word is out there now though and I intend to stick to it, barring certain circumstances.

For example, if Lauren tells me we'll blow the holiday delivery time because of these delays in confirmation... then I'll move to drop people sooner.

PM and emailing those not financially committed presently.

tkebh979

Reaction score
This was the same unfortunate phenomenon that occurred with the Warlow I.

I will say this; all the gentlemen who were kind and cordial enough to contact me via PM and let me know they had to back out for whatever reason were the exception.

But I literally had Lauren emailing asking if I knew JoeBlow from Timbuktu who wanted in on the order....and then all the sudden there were people who were contacting her from internet platforms that I never heard of before...

It was this element that gave us the biggest fits...

We're still in process... but I'd say of those yet to financially commit, we're about 50/50 in terms of those that have notified me they were backing out. Those people are saints, in my book. Takes guts to say you're backing out. I'd sweat it a bit myself.

Also have had the timbuktu issues as well... interesting stuff. (Edit: just had another Timbkutu'er in the moments since writing this post!)

Candidly, if I could improve one thing about this process, it would be that C&J would handle chasing after deal origination. I'm the one doing the legwork only for the benefit of a $0 MTO fee.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics