1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Caligula77

Caligula77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Needing four more participants..

2. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I can't get enough of these Warlows. The coloring has made me quite hungry for more whiskey. If anyone on the PTB doesn't want their 10.5UK, let me know [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Considering flipping BNIB unworn on zero crease Lindrick boot UK 8.5E with no flaws. Recent run all the same as original as RL makeup. PM with Reasonable offer. Low ballers won't get a response.
    [​IMG]

4. nishant

nishant Active Member

I am a touch confused and wanted to hear members' thoughts.

Based on my previous reading of forums and after asking Lauren, I had gone for a couple of GMTOs on 325 last by ordering size 8.5E. They are all with the factory right now.

I recently got my first pair of CJ Islay (on 365 last, of course) and size 8E is perfect.

I discussed that with Lauren and she is suggesting I order 8E on 341 last and that it probably would be the same recommendation for 325 last. Based on my reading, 325 and 341 are TTS lasts while 365 is half a size big.

For reference, I am a perfect 9D in Barrie, 9.5d in AE, 9D in Red Wing and 8 1/2 Medium on Trickers 4497 Stow.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Nishant

5. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

I think you will be fine. I can't speak for the 341 last yet, but the 365 last is roomier than the 325 last. The 325 could have been too tight for you in 8E but worst case scenario you would just wear thicker socks in 8.5E. I size down 1/2 from Barrie and 1 full from AE. Obviously each foot is different (instep, arch, etc) so there's no way to know for sure until you try it on but I think you made the best choice between the two options. Keep us posted.

6. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Based on the other lasts you mentioned it seems like 8.5 was the right choice in 325. I'd say if you're more on the narrow side of 9.5d then sizing down in 341 would be ok but only due to the extra length as it's not wider across the ball than 325. I am able to size down half for 365 from 325 but probably only because the wider forefoot suits my foot shape but definitely couldn't size down in 341. That's entirely my experience and of course YMMV.

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I'm loving the whisky as well! Still haven't had the guts to wear them out of the house. Glad I've got two more whisky GMTOs headed my way (Lindrick and Galway). I've officially gone crazy.

1 person likes this.
  8. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

I'm 9D on Barrie and my Whiskey Harlechs (last 341) in UK8.5E fit me really well. Wouldn't have been able to go down to UK8E. Only tried on a Galway (last 325, not in shell, though) briefly and I might have been able to go down to UK8E with thin socks but picked UK8.5E for the Lindrick GMTO because I want to be able to wear them with Chup socks in fall/winter.

I think there's a big chance you'll be fine with 8.5E. Otherwise I read something recently about special C&J insoles made for their different lasts, if necessary. And there's always the thin Pedag insoles, which I can recommend.

9. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I haven't worn them outside either. Im wearing them around the house first to break in the soles which is the same i did with the Lindricks. My excitement for the Galway was elevated once I saw the color of these. Ill have a hard time not resisting another whiskey order if the right make up comes along...

10. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I just put my very first creases in the shoes a few minutes ago, have been walking around with them to break them in at home.

Having the Warlows in my possession definitely makes me glad I sprung for the Galways (as well as the whiskey Lindricks of course).

Now I just need to find a belt that goes reasonably well with this whiskey shade. My "brown" spectrum belts are either dark dark brown calf (which work fine with the dark brown Marlow/Lindrick) or light tan/walnut shade. I need a good "in between" to work with the whiskey. I don't need an exact match or anything, but something close would be nice.

11. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

These look amazing. Lauren where's my shipping notification [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

She told me she was waiting on two more, that must be you and me.

13. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Ah sorry to hear that, man. I'm just a follower but you organized this one!

Did anyone get refunded for the lack of JR soles?

14. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I haven't heard anything but also didn't say anything yet to Lauren. I think it makes the most sense to let the organizer handle that one. I'm sure she wouldn't welcome a dozen emails informing her of the same issue. I'm not too broken up about it but I hope you guys get them soon!

1 person likes this.
  15. smuj

smuj Active Member

Dont know if this helps anyone but I notice still many discussions on sizing. I must admit the 341 last had me scratching my head and I was able to try all the sizes in the shop! As I have said before, I am a 9 in 325 and they fit snug. I cannot even get a size 8.5 325 on my foot! But the 341 Harlech size 9E felt generous to me in the shop. So I plumped for the tight feeling 8.5E Harlech which, luckily, have come good after a week of breaking in. I have to say that, when measured, I am on the lower end of the E band but my foot still solidly fills the 325. The missing information in all these discussions is the volume of the shoe for which there is no measure seemingly. Width and length of 2 lasts might be the same but the volume of the shoe over the instep can me massively different (as it is between the Trickers 4444 and 4497 lasts).

The 341 last is indeed longer and narrower than the 325. But. On the size 9 Pembrokes I could never pull the laces tight so that the facings meet. But on the 'narrower' size 9 Harlech I could. Go figure. There must me more volume, relatively, over the instep of the 341. Took this photo this morning as I was donning the Harlechs.

[​IMG]

Even the 8.5E Harlech is a little longer than the 325 9E with the heels aligned. But it is narrower in the ball area. This is where it was tight on me in the shop (but has subsequently eased). But as evidenced by the lacing, the volume over the instep is similar. I would say that I can get away with the sizing down because my foot is at the lower end of the E fitting (but not a D). My foot fills the 325 but the ball area is not pressing on the outer wall of the shoe. If you are solidly filling the width of the 325 (at the ball) then I would think twice about sizing down. I got away with it because the 325 fits easlily in that area.

Was trying to help but maybe I have just added to the confusion. Remember, you can always add a scrim of insole. But too small is too small!

16. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

Really interesting.
    So to conclude I could say that if you are very confortable on the 325 you could downsize (this is my case). If the 325 is tight, keep the same size for 341.

17. smuj

smuj Active Member

Maybe. To be safe I would say if the 325 feels on the generous side then size down. So many factors with feet (and also how you like your shoes to feel, I like mine to grip the foot a little). But the width/volume at the widest point is key because the 341 is definitely narrower.

For reference, if I lash a tailors tape measure around my bare foot at is widest (so around the big toe knuckle and the little toe knuckle, therefore at a bit of an angle), it measures 255mm. And I am only just squeaking into the 8.5E 341. Just.

18. Manav Kapoor

Manav Kapoor Senior member

Deusis/GG does a Rocado whiskey shell belt.

Also, I've got the contact details for the vendor that apparently does C&J's shell belts. They can do a Horween whiskey GMTO belt for 6 or more orders.

Both options are a bit pricey for a belt though, comes around to $200 or $270 (or at least that was the price of the last GMTO, haven't been in direct contact with them yet).

Don't know what shade of whiskey we're going to get with the Lindricks yet, but if it's similar to the Warlow 2.0, I've got a London tan belt that'll work well.

The Guarded Goods English Bridle in Newmarket Tan looks like a good match as well.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  19. nishant

nishant Active Member

This was very helpful. I think I am going to size down 1/2 on 341 and see if that helps. Getting a pair in 325 back from the factory would also help ease my worries ... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

Thanks - As the organizer, I am waiting on mine to confirm before raising a concern. Would prefer to avoid hearsay - not that I don't trust GMTO members, I would feel a position is more defendable if the complaint is also my own.

Man, they look great, though.