1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

Only need 2 more for the brown shell Lindrick on dainite with all eyelets! Let's get this through - you know you wanna!

[​IMG]

Also - just got pricing info from Lauren, which may actually drop me out of this :(, prices seem to have gone up. I know this was £700 (£583 excluding VAT) less than a year ago.

Edit: Updated price below

Quote:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. smuj

smuj Active Member

Oh no. The same will probably happen to the Harlech. Am pretty sure it will be because all the shell is imported from Horween in Chicago and that will have significantly got more expensive due the exchange rate. For a while it was a win/win for you in the US. Now it is a win/lose. Here in the UK it is a lose/lose scenario. Boo.

Will confirm Harlech costs at the factory tomorrow.

3. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

That's a shame.
    For information regular Harlech cost 870€ here in France. So it could still be a good deal for us.

4. chickenfark

chickenfark Senior member

5. smuj

smuj Active Member

You're fired.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

More than that!
    Thanks for the emotional roller coaster

7. neelp3

neelp3 Senior member

Count me in for whiskey Harlech, as long as we have a rubber sole

8. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

veldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoen

[COLOR=FF00AA]Snowdown Zug Run#2[/COLOR]

Amazeballs pictures of the previous batch made successfully here![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

veldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoenveldtschoen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  9. Doubleskyline

Doubleskyline New Member

I will be in for a whisky harlech also.

10. idonotmatch

idonotmatch Well-Known Member

11. likethisnothat

likethisnothat New Member

I'm in on the Lindrick with eyelets. I think that's 11.

12. smuj

smuj Active Member

Hi, thanks for making the new tab for the Harlech. I took the liberty of dropping a few names on there of those who have expressed intent. If those people could either remove their name or fill in there prefs that would be great.

My first query based on the first entry is the choice of last. The Harlech would normally come on a 341 last and I think this is part of their elegance. Slightly longer than the 325, more elegant without any chisel. I may reassess if it needed to be on a 325 last as this then becomes very much like the Coniston boot which is not quite as nice IMO. THe differences can be seen here...

https://imgur.com/a/Fg7XJ#yze1B9V

Harlech 341 = more sleek, less of a hill walker.

13. idonotmatch

Thanks, @smuj ! 325 came from copying over the other sheet! I should have deleted that out. Will switch it to the 341 which, I agree, fits the Harlech perfectly.

14. neelp3

neelp3 Senior member

Would anyone be open to making this a F width Harlech, since the 341 last is pretty narrow? 325 is just wide enough for me and tends to run long, but a wider width would fix that problem for the 341 for me.

15. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

Sweet, let's find a number 12!

16. smuj

smuj Active Member

Not sure that's possible but personally would prefer to stick to the E as it is a 'known' fit for me. You are correct in saying it is a bit narrower and a bit longer than a 325, but that is why it fits me better than a 325 (and why I think it is more elegant). Probably would not want to gamble on a different last width. It would probably mean I would need to size down by 0.5, or maybe not. There's the gamble.

17. djbanor

djbanor Senior member

If you started a separate group for one of the popular makeups in F width (Lindrick, Harlech, Marlow, etc.), I wager there would be quite a bit of interest.

18. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Have you gotten a price on the whiskey harlech?

19. idonotmatch

I have not, but I'd wager to say it'd be in line with the lindrick:

Price – (Including VAT) - £700
    Price – (Excluding VAT) - £583.33

Once things become a little bit more concrete with our list, I can shoot a note over to get an actual quote,

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  20. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Since the prices have gone up I'm going to think it's going to be in line with 750 inc VAT and 625 less VAT.