1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. djbanor

djbanor Senior member

Hold on, just heard from Lauren again. This is from her about my intention to withdraw from the GMTO:

Quote: I was the one with split-sizing. So,

WHISKEY PTBS ARE A GO!! [​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry to sit this one out -- was a great experience working with @ErikW and all you other wonderful folk. Hopefully will get in on a different run soon.

2. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

What's the price?

3. djbanor

djbanor Senior member

It was around $650, but it looks like they already have enough people on board.

4. tunadubby

tunadubby Member

So it appears that I filled that last spot separately with Lauren.

What a coincidence! Glad to be in the group. Can't wait to get these whiskey PTBs

Special thanks to those that PMed me in private to pass along Lauren's contact

5. ennui

ennui Senior member

This finally got sent to the factory according to an e-mail I received from Lauren last night. I'm surprised it took this long but evidently we just couldn't line up 12 paid folks. We need a better way of conducting GMTOs in the future IMO, that requires some monetary non-refundable commitment to hold a spot. Otherwise, this kind of thing happens far too often.

6. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

I don't think the issue was not having 12 paid. She told me we had all 12 paid up almost a month ago and since then it was various delays such as the factoy director taking a week to get back to her about the order, then they wanted confirmation of the specs again and sent me a photo to confirm. Then it was another week until I followed up again and I think she had forgot about it until now.

That being said, yes, there should be a more efficient way to do these as I really kept on top of things with both the members and with Lauren and it still took a while.

7. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Heard from Pernillla this morning regarding the whiskey Galway 2 order. We have 10/12 paid as of today. The factory will be on break from Tomorrow until Jan 3rd. If we can get all payments in before then we can have it confirmed as soon as the factory reopens!

8. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

As someone with a pair of custom, single order MTOs presumably still making its way through the factory and getting close to being done, that's heartbreaking. Will add an extra 3 weeks on to production at least.

9. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

An almost 40% increase in lead time does suck but I guess it's still better than a GMTO. We thought the wallows would be in by year end but that is now Feb. Regardless, Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news. What did you order? Unless you prefer to leave us in suspense :)

10. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

It's my whiskey shell radnors with faux cap stitching. And they're at roughly the 11-12 week mark at this point, quoted 8-10 weeks from the point of order. But at like the 4 week mark they asked me some questions, so not sure if that 4 week delay was included in the 8-10 estimate, or means that 8-10 started from that point. Just wanted them for going away for the holidays, as a good rugged all-weather boot.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  11. Wesley Crusher

Wesley Crusher Senior member

Heard from Lauren this morning. The whiskey PTB is being sent to the factory now with a 16-18 week wait. I hope the 3 week closure was baked into that time.

12. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Ah I remember you posting that a while back. It sounds great. I hope you get an email soon given the time you've already waited. Good luck!

13. Aymeric

Aymeric New Member

Hello everyone
    Is there by chance any MTO program with a slot left for some cordovan model ?

If not I will wait for the next one !
    Have a nice day

14. ScarsdaleVibe

ScarsdaleVibe Senior member

Damn! Same thing here with my Navy dundees.

15. momone

momone Senior member

Guys
    Still 2 slots left in the Snowdon Zug#2 MTO
    Just sayin'

16. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

It's notable how people do some terrible work upon returning from a long break. I think the Galway 2 order gives them sometime to get back into the process. Should be safe.

17. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

Does anyone have both the brown shell Dundee and the stock shell Harlech? If so, are they the same shade of brown?

18. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Turns out the factory actually is shutting down *tomorrow* not last Friday. And my Whiskey Shell Radways got shipped UPS today. Since I'm in NY, they're scheduled to get to me tomorrow, just in time for some holiday traveling. Pretty psyched about them, hope the sizing turned out right.

19. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Really happy it worked out for you. Sorry to stir up unnecessary panic. Happy holidays!

Oh and definitely post some pictures ASAP

20. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

https://instagram.com/p/BOX50WsAGP1/

Just in whiskey shell Radways. These are amazing. Going on vacation for a week so not gonna wear them (they fit great but are a hair voluminous) so gonna let them settle down like my EGs have.

3 people like this.