1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

This is what I remember reading from years back. Then others were saying it's not true. I am pretty sure Ralph Lauren uses D widths on all their UK made footwear which is why people are having issues with the conversion.

2. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

@Akeem is right. This topic was resolved a long time ago. RL uses real U.K. D widths on their C&J shoes. They have UK D widths on their EGs as standard also.

The sizing is marked on the CJ shoes for RL, and the width difference is noticeable when making a side by side comparison to UK E width C&J shoes, which I believe has been done on SF in the past.

3. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

I believe it was Mediahound (sp?) who first posted the side by side pic and observation.

4. lecoprin

lecoprin New Member

Hi folks! Just suscribed and in for the MTO if one slot become available. I will now fill the spreadsheet...

2 people like this.
  5. Manav Kapoor

Manav Kapoor Senior member

So probably should expect the same for the Lindrick orders?

6. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

My understanding is we ordered U.K. In both width and length. UK E width and not UK D width. True?

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

True.

8. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

9. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Senior member

Hi guys,
    I'm probably interested, can anyone please fill me in about this GMTO?

Model makeup, price, delivery and where are you buying from?

Thanks!

10. tocohillsguy

tocohillsguy Well-Known Member

Would love to see such comparisons, but I haven't found it thus far.

11. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

Too late now unfortunately. The E width was the standard width and we weren't given an option for D width for any of the shoes strangely.

In regards to the Zug Snowdon 2nd run, 2 people just asked... We should have our 12 now correct? @momone, can we check?

12. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Okay now ..[​IMG] Go find the snow shovels..

13. ennui

ennui Senior member

I'm double-checking with Pernilla that the Lindrick GMTO is in UK E width and will reply on this thread when I hear back.

In unrelated news, I kind of wish I specified speed hooks and pull tabs for this GMTO, now that I have my whiskey Harlechs with the same. They really are more convenient. Oh well, I'll survive.

14. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Speed hooks ruin dress pants and jeans alike.

15. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

16. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

The makeup is the one on the picture you quoted pics from the first batch), all details are on m0m0ne's Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit#gid=1284680499
    The MTO is made through C&J in Northampton.

1 person likes this.
  17. momone

momone Senior member

exactly
    thanks
    @mbaltazar : we are 12 for the moment but some are playing dead. I can put you first on the waiting list if you whish. Just tell me
    We were 12 two weeks ago, then 8, then 12 (+1?) but nobody seems to care when I ask for firm confirmation of your participation in this GMTO

SO, I will
    • ask you one last time in the thread to confirm you're definitively in considering the makeup (exactly as batch#1) and the price (575£ less VAT £479.17 + Shipping) : tell here, in file, PM me, whatever but at least tell me
    • give two weeks to people who want to check for their sizes in shops (@lecoprin , @ph75 )
    • send everybody in this list a PM to wake them up

If I don't have all confirmations within 2 weeks I start cleaning the list of first 12 below. 4 confirmed
    @momone - confirmed
    @MSAINT - confirmed
    @nishant - to be confirmed
    @Booter - to be confirmed
    @HerrMunich - confirmed
    @BudhaNL
    - to be confirmed

@kczsilence - to be confirmed (but considering your activity here I assume I can consider you confirmed ?)
    @ph75 - confirmed
    @Fala - to be confirmed
    @zinc2162 - to be confirmed
    @loanshark - to be confirmed
    @lecoprin - to be confirmed

Come on guys, let's finish this fast and clean

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

Sorry, thought we never had the full 12 at any given point. Last time I sort of took over for a GMTO that was dying, the same unconfirmed thing happened. Pretty much I gave up on first come, first serve scenarios and went with whoever was in.

Please consider me in.

19. momone

momone Senior member

hehe, that's indeed what I'm planning to do. on the 15th I switch to "1st confirmed 1st in"

20. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

How often does this actually happen? I'm hundreds of wears in on 2 speed hook boots without incident.

Even if I do rip a hem at some point...it will have been worth it for the cumulative time saved