1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Has there been a consensus on if the Warlow fit the same as the Marlow? For me, the Marlow is good in 8.5D but the 325 last 7.5E is too short/tight in the toe box. I would assume that 8E would be too big all around. If I had to guess, I think C&J uses a narrow (D width) last for the Marlows. Sorry to open a can of worms here, but I would really like a pair of these!

2. Caligula77

Caligula77 Well-Known Member

Kevin,

I'm good with either a 4 + 4 or an all eyelet configuration as long as the eyelets are exposed. The only deal breaker would be blind eyelets. As for the pull tabs, I'll go with what the majority decides. Thank you again for spearheading this endeavor.

3. ryantaylor05

ryantaylor05 Member

THE WHISKEY HARLECH!

[​IMG]

Just received these in the last hour. The order was placed mid-June. No complaints on the finishing on these.

3 people like this.
  4. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Absolutely wonderful

5. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Wow incredible!! Really hate that I missed out on these.

6. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Quick update: I heard back from Pernilla regarding the pull tab. She said that an Islay style pull tab would be possible but it will lengthen production time due to the pattern change. The pull tab would also increase the price to 775GBP less VAT 645.83 GBP from 750GBP less VAT 625GBP.

if the majority wants this please let me know via the spreadsheet- add Islay, standard, or none depending on your choice.

I really want to get this moving as soon as possible but it seems like everyone on the list is on board. I'm just waiting on one more confirmation and I will get this over to Pernilla.

Thank you!
    Kevin

7. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

I'd ask Lauren - she'll be most familiar. For me, my "Warlow's" on the 325 last are .5 size less than Barrie last (8D), a full size less than my normal US size and they fit perfectly.

8. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

Damn you got those quick. Can't wait for mine to arrive (fingers crossed for tomorrow!)

9. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I am almost certain Lauren has confirmed that Marlow US sizing is down .5 form U.K., instead of the usual full size. So an 8.5US is an 8UK. However, this conflicts with the common convention of -1 Us to U.K.

10. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Perhaps the lindrick in a dark brown grain?

11. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

A day or two ago I suggested a Lindrick in tan scotch country grain.

12. bugula

bugula New Member

I'd be out if it goes all eyes

13. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Noted! It will most likely be 4+4 as most stated either is fine.

@shoetree Are you okay with 4+4?

14. shoetree

shoetree Senior member

I would like all eyes.

15. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

I couldn't get in on an AS Kelso since no one had it available.

Anyone want to run point? I so want to be in on this!!!

16. ennui

ennui Senior member

I just got mine today, too. I had minor imperfections on the outer shaft of one of the boots, but I'm nitpicking. They are awesome! I love the shape of the 341 last.

17. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

In for Snowdon if it happens..

18. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I got mine today as well. My first pair of 341 last, which I like a lot, but pinching my left small toe slightly. Hoping they will stretch a bit.

19. ryantaylor05

ryantaylor05 Member

For some reason, I was expecting shiny brass hardware but definitely prefer the antique brass look. And I find the 341 last to be huge. Luckily I was able to get properly sized at the NYC shop. I believe the recommended sizing is a full size down from brannock, but I went 1.5 sizes down. For anyone's curiosity, here's how I fit in other shoes/lasts:

C&J Harlech (341) = 8E

Alden Barrie = 9D

Alden Grant = 9.5D

AE Fifth Ave. = 9.5D

20. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Interesting. I am a standard US8 and went with the UK7 in the Pembroke on the 325 last and it fits me pretty dang good. Perhaps a little full around the toes but very minor. I worry that a UK7.5 would have been too big.