1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

I have seen antique hook hardware on C&J boots..

I have never picked-up import duty on any package...France, Scotland, England, Ireland, Japan, China, Hong Kong.
    All high value targets

2. wooksb

wooksb Senior member

I've used Parcel Force in all my shipments from the U.K. (C&J, Tricker's and Alfred Sargent) and have never been hit with duties/taxes even for those that exceeded the de minimis duty-free value.

3. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

if any 8E (UK) guys have buyers remorse on a recent GMTO, PM me!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  4. Manav Kapoor

Manav Kapoor Senior member

Saw mention of UK prices possibly going up soon in the other C&J thread. Tempted to try to get in another order (preference for boot) before this possibly happens. Maybe something in Navy?

Any ideas? Any makeups folks have been holding off on?

5. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

I've been wanting a Lindrick in burgundy shell with speed hooks and dainite sole for a while. I would love to get in on something like that before the prices go up. It seems that the whiskey shell GMTOs have been dominant on here lately. I can appreciate it, but it's just not my thing. I have the Skye 2 in Dark Brown so I'm not looking for another brown wingtip boot, but something in burgundy or even black would be nice this time around.

Boots without speed hooks look nice, but are such a pain to get on and off and I generally find myself not wearing them as much because of it. The pants always cover them up and they never snag so for me the speed hooks are a must. Also, I much prefer a dainite sole on a boot. I'll save the leather soles for my shoes and opt for something a bit more rugged, but still low key.

6. Manav Kapoor

Burgundy sounds nice and I'm down with speedhooks and dainite.

Dunno if I'd want another Lindrick though, in burgundy I'm imagining a sleeker last.

Spitballing here, maybe this is a bit out there but what about a middle-class man's EG Galway?

Burgundy shell Radnor on the 341. Open to ideas on the shaft. Wheeled with a flat welt, double dainite sole.

Or something like that in navy?

7. loxo

loxo Senior member

I'm still gauging interest on this boot makeup. I was going to single MTO it, but if there are enough people interested this month, I think it would be a great GMTO.

8. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Got email from Lauren that the Whiskey Harlech from last GMTO is shipped!!

1 person likes this.
  9. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

If a 10.5UK doesn't work out for anyone please let me know!

10. Falu_al

Falu_al Senior member

@zinc2162 well done to us! GMTOs are surprisingly hard to bring home....

1 person likes this.
  11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I previously inquired about a Zug Snowdon with a faux cap and C&J initially declined to do the order... Now,

C&J AGREED TO MAKE A RUN OF ZUG SNOWDON WITH THE FAUX CAP (like the previous run)!

I already purchased a pair of AS Kelso so I will not be participating. If someone would like to run point and round up 12 people, I will provide the contact information.

12. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Very curious about price. Anyone know the previous quote (which we can expect to increase soon)?

13. loxo

loxo Senior member

The previous run price was £458.33 + £30 for shipping.

14. Manav Kapoor

Burgundy shell Snowdon with Zug shaft on the 341 last with the faux cap toe.

Does that have appeal to anyone?

15. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Crockett won't do veldtschoen with shell. I'm in for basically the same boot as the previous run.

Thanks @loxo

1 person likes this.
  16. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

Any pics on the completed zug snowdon?

17. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Just tossing this out without expecting much, but is there any interest in a GMTO Lindrick in tan grain calf on a dainite sole? Essentially the same shoe they made for Ralph Lauren a few years ago, but with dainite instead of the ridgeway sole. Essentially a boot version of the current tain grain Pembroke. I had considered a one-off MTO for myself, but with the surcharge it comes to ~the same price as the whiskey shell Lindricks so getting a GMTO going would drive the price back down quite a bit. Anyway, let me know if there's interest!

Here are a few pics of the RL version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. loxo

loxo Senior member

[​IMG]

Here's a quick and dirty pic I took the other day to show someone. They're burly as all get out.

1 person likes this.
  19. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

***GALWAY 2 whiskey cordovan update

I heard from Pernilla this morning. Once the eyelets are agreed upon we will have a final spec of the make up.

Is the eyes configuration a deal breaker for anyone? Whether we go with 4+4 or all eyelets. The spreadsheet seems pretty split on the issue.

Pernilla said that unlikely that a standard pull tab can be done in cordovan but she will find out if the Islay style tab can be done and any associate surcharge.

We have almost all confirmations right now but am waiting on two more. Hopefully we can get this moving by the end of the week!

Thanks for backing this order, everyone!

20. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Hey folks,

I heard back from Lauren and we had someone back out of the order who had already paid. SO, we're back to looking for more participants for the C&J "Grasmere" aka "Marlow PTB" on whiskey shell cordovan. Message me if you want in!

Specs:
    • Whiskey shell cordovan
    • 325 last (same as marlow ptb)
    • Danite sole
    • Matching eyelets
    • Storm welt

Cost if 500GBP + 30GBP shipping to the US or ~$650USD.

They will look very similar to this C&J whiskey cordovan PTB:

[​IMG]