1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I did. All paid up for the lindrick.

2. ennui

ennui Senior member

Who else paid? You can just PM me to avoid spamming everone here. That way I can update the spreadsheet so everyone can see the progress towards 12.

3. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Have anyone noticed shell shoes fitting looser than the equivalent calf on the same last? has sizing remained consistent? Maybe someone with a Pembroke and Warlow can comment. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  4. Manav Kapoor

Manav Kapoor Senior member

Re: Whiskey Lindrick

Just trying to finalize sizing. Should make my payment either Monday or Tuesday. Apologies if this is causing a delay, but I'd like to nail the fit as best as possible.

Also, just FYI, we're right on the cusp of the $800 US Customs' duty threshold (though I'm not sure how they account for shipping - if it's just value of the item we're only at ~$760). I was going to be adding trees to the order given shipping would be cheaper as one order than ordering them later, but that would have guaranteed going over the $800 figure.

5. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Whiskey Wednesday. Crockett and Jones Whiskey Shell Cordovan Lowndes Double Monk. Marcoliani Olive Argyles OTC. Epaulet Kiss The Blarney Stone Donegal Walt Trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

5 people like this.
  6. mosy

mosy Senior member

anyone know the status of the Marlow wingtip GMTO? Where are we up to re 12 payments?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  7. nishant

nishant Active Member

I am yet to receive a payment link for Lindrick and Marlow.
    CJ's staff has been running slow.

8. mosy

mosy Senior member

Got my Marlow payment link (dark brown Marlow wingtip) over a week ago. Maybe check spam?

9. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

I'm gonna get an update from Lauren mid-week. Hopefully we will be wrapped up this week. Should be at or close to 12.

10. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I'm all paid up for the various GMTOs. Paid via password-protected word document for all except the Whiskey Lindrick (did World Pay for this, although when I tried it for the brown Marlow wingtip it wouldn't work, so I had to do the Word document).

Hoping they charge our cards fairly soon even for the Whiskey Lindrick that may take a while to go into production, as the card I gave them expires in December!

11. atxtonyc

atxtonyc New Member

I'm in the process of paying up on the Whiskey Lindrick. Quick question for you all: anyone have sizing recommendations on 325 vs 335? I'm comfortable with my 335 sizing but don't have anything in 325 and I don't have the time to get down to C&J today or tomorrow (and I don't want to be the holdup).

12. loxo

loxo Senior member

The 335 and 325 are nearly identical. The difference between them is that the 335 has a bit of a 'bump' around the top of the toe cap. I would suggest taking your same size.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

the toe box is a bit broader than on the 335. fit is almost exactly the same with 335 having just a bit more wiggle room.

14. nishant

nishant Active Member

Fro the Lindrick, when trying to make a payment, it is amounting to 800.07 USD on worldpay

Hence, I haven't paid and instead requested if they can adjust the invoice by a couple of pounds so the amount reflected is less than 800 USD.

I am guessing it is an appropriate request ??

15. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

Not sure if anyone checked when they received but Lauren actually marked my two pairs at 60gbp each when they were delivered together. I'm not sure if that was completely intentional/normal or something she had done when I asked how it'd work if the shipment was sent together since the actual value is a lot higher.

Worth asking Lauren or Pernilla I think

16. Booter

Booter Senior member

Pretty sure the import value is marked in terms of the local currency of the sender. So, whether you pay today or next month it will still be 655 GBP. When I've shipped International I've never converted currency value or given a date of purchase.

In any case, even if tax is assessed isn't it only on the amount over $800 USD? So, negligible.

17. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

Yes, my Skye cordovan boots had a marked value of $60. I didn't even ask for it. Pernilla just did it.

18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Nope, it doesn't work that way.
    If the shipment is over $800, you pay import duty on the whole amount.

Note: Don't worry too much about paying import duty on shipments from C&J.

2 people like this.
  19. Booter

Booter Senior member

Good answer. Enough said.

20. nishant

nishant Active Member

Pernilla told me that they mark the boots at a low amount and receipts are not included in the package. Very reassuring :)

Payment for Lindrick & Marlow completed !!!

Now the wait begins ..