• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

kennyg75

Reaction score
WHISKEY HARLECH GMTO

CONFIRMED

1. @MrVenneri
2. @kczsilence
3. @HerrMunich
4. @ennui
5. @gokingsgo
6. @KennyTam
7. @monkeydoodle
8. monkeydoodle's friend
9. @kennyg75
10. @od1017
11. @Dale1
12. @zinc2162
13. @jph1007

Gentlemen, we have reached out quota for the Whiskey Harlech GMTO. Please give yourselves a round of applause for this incredible milestone achievement. I've reached out to Lauren just now for details on payment processing. Please stand-by and await further instruction. I understand you're all very excited and this is a momentous occasion for you - I'm beyond elated for your happiness...but please understand that like all of you, I too have a full-time career and family to tend to. I'm devoting as much time to this process as I am able, please exercise some patience.

Additionally, I will be opting out of my own GMTO so that you all can receive the boots. No one is on the chopping block and all are included in this order.
I bet you someone will drop so you might be back in sooner than later, @MrVenneri

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - FROM LAUREN AT C&J - 3/22

Dear Beau,

I hope you are well.

I have just contacted the Factory and they have informed me that the next order of Whisky Cordovan is not going to be able to go off until June.

What I can do is start to collect all of the information from Monday 4th April from people on this order and when it comes to June I will be able to put this through and send it to the Factory very quickly as I would have all of the information.

When I get the information from people this normally takes around a month to get all of the sizing together and the card information therefore if we start on Monday 4th April I should have this ready by mid-May and then ready to go in the June.

I hope this helps with your enquiry and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will be happy to help.

Kindest regards,

kennyg75

Reaction score
It's a shame we can't collect names and do a deposit to make sure the commitment is real. We're likely going to have to find other participants for the ol' Whiskey by then.

100 yrs

Reaction score
turns out getting 12 people to agree to something on the internet is hard

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a shame we can't collect names and do a deposit to make sure the commitment is real. We're likely going to have to find other participants for the ol' Whiskey by then.

Whiskey shell is "rare", and I imagine that they wouldn't want to guarantee it to anyone if there was a chance they couldn't get it. Maybe June is a best guess as to when they might get more?

ennui

Reaction score
Let's just keep collecting folks for a waitlist.

What's next @MrVenneri? Do we each individually reach out to Lauren at C&J? Or are you going to send us instructions via PM before April 4th? If we send in our info, will Lauren charge us right away or wait until the boots start being manufactured? At this point I'd rather the former happen actually just so we ensure we get our 12. Best would be a deposit but it sounds like they don't do that.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On this note (and assuming the dark brown Dundee comes out as good as I expect it will), I would like to suggest a late 2016 Dundee GMTO with the following specs:

Dundee punch captoe boot
Whiskey shell cordovan
No medallion
Double leather sole with midsole
Storm welt
Antique edging
All exposed eyelets
Pulltab

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's next @MrVenneri? Do we each individually reach out to Lauren at C&J? Or are you going to send us instructions via PM before April 4th? If we send in our info, will Lauren charge us right away or wait until the boots start being manufactured? At this point I'd rather the former happen actually just so we ensure we get our 12. Best would be a deposit but it sounds like they don't do that.
Normally once you contact Lauren, and provide payment information, the amount is charged, which I think is better, because people are committed at that point.

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On this note (and assuming the dark brown Dundee comes out as good as I expect it will), I would like to suggest a late 2016 Dundee GMTO with the following specs:

Dundee punch captoe boot
Whiskey shell cordovan
No medallion
Storm welt
Antique edging
All exposed eyelets
Pulltab

@hoit1981

You are one determined dude. If I ran my own business, I would hire you on the spot...

little-engine-that-could.gif

I think I can, I think I can...

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dundee punch captoe boot
Whiskey shell cordovan
No medallion
Storm welt
Antique edging
All exposed eyelets
Pulltab
I would be in, but I need speed hooks...a bridge to cross later on down the road.

DL

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's next @MrVenneri ? Do we each individually reach out to Lauren at C&J? Or are you going to send us instructions via PM before April 4th? If we send in our info, will Lauren charge us right away or wait until the boots start being manufactured? At this point I'd rather the former happen actually just so we ensure we get our 12. Best would be a deposit but it sounds like they don't do that.

Normally once you contact Lauren, and provide payment information, the amount is charged, which I think is better, because people are committed at that point.

Q&A

Q. Should we reach out to Lauren?
A. No, per her e-mail you should not contact Lauren until April the 4th.

Q. Will MrVenneri send me instructions via PM?
A. No, I will post everything publicly here. Please refrain from PM'ing me...there is nothing I can do expedite this process.

Q. Will Lauren change me right away?
A. Absolutely, you will pay in full before they go into production.

Q. Should we continue with a rolling 'wait list' just in case more people back out?
A. Absolutely, people will undoubtedly back-out. If we fail to plan, we can plan to fail.

Mutombo

Reaction score
Glad to see it looks like the Dundee is finally getting made. It's going to be a really nice makeup.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@hoit1981 You are one determined dude. If I ran my own business, I would hire you on the spot...
little-engine-that-could.gif
I think I can, I think I can...
This just made me LOL. What can I say, I like to plan ahead ;-)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads