1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

A+ post. As for me I'm still in so please let me know. I've been trying to find a whiskey belt forever.

1 person likes this.
  2. devastitis

devastitis Senior member

How much are shell Lindrick GMTOs going for now in USD?

3. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

~$750 + ~$40 shipping.

4. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

An absolute steal

5. BackInTheJox

Yup. I was on this thread regularly due to joining the Warlow 2.0, but when I saw that they needed a few more for the Lindrick and I knew that someday I would be looking for a pair, I couldn't pass it up given the price.

6. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I'm really hoping for a [few] "payment charged" email this week.

7. devastitis

devastitis Senior member

I can't decide if I want a dark brown shell Lindrick boot or mahogany shell EB boot for my brown pair of boots. Lindricks look amazing though.

8. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I assume Warlow is now closed out? Wonder if a second run will happen?

9. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Warlow PTB looks open?

10. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

This latest warlow run is a bit slow. We were all supposed to provide payment info to Lauren starting a couple weeks ago. I wonder if some are having second thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  11. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I really hope not ^

12. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

Working on this this morning... hope to have an update soon... I noticed that you've mentioned confirming on the thread, did you guys confirm with Lauren?

13. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

@chipshot , we're keeping a waitlist in the event there's enough interest for another run. I'll add you to it.

At the moment, there's a few people that have verbally but not financially confirmed. By the end of the week, if those folks don't financially confirm, I'll be moving people from the waitlist into the GMTO.

I'll add you to the GMTO Spreadsheet... please PM me your email address and I'll put you in touch with Lauren to be waitlisted. [​IMG]

14. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Yep I sent her payment info for Lindrick and Warlow 8/1. Fingers crossed everyone is still in on this

15. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

Lauren is in the process of letting me know who she has on her list of 7. Will be following up with the 5 remaining.

We have had some folks back out (and subsequently back into the waitlist after a week or two's reconsideration)... but there has been enough interest throughout the process that spots made available as a result of cancellations were filled through waitlisters.

This process has been more ...deliberate... than I would have hoped.

16. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Not in on this run but if what I'm gathering is that people have committed and then just leave the whole group hanging by not paying (for more than a week and it sounds like 2 or more) and not communicating their intention to back out, that's messed up and those people should be dropped ASAP like hot rocks. It's not ok, it screws everybody else over, and it shouldn't be tolerated - meaning you should let alternates in and not be patient with people who have showed no consideration to the group.

My 2 cents.

2 people like this.
  17. BackInTheJox

I sent her payment info for both the Lindrick and Warlow about a week ago.

18. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

This was the same unfortunate phenomenon that occurred with the Warlow I.

I will say this; all the gentlemen who were kind and cordial enough to contact me via PM and let me know they had to back out for whatever reason were the exception.

But I literally had Lauren emailing asking if I knew JoeBlow from Timbuktu who wanted in on the order....and then all the sudden there were people who were contacting her from internet platforms that I never heard of before...

It was this element that gave us the biggest fits...

1 person likes this.
  19. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

I agree with your sentiment - my word is out there now though and I intend to stick to it, barring certain circumstances.

For example, if Lauren tells me we'll blow the holiday delivery time because of these delays in confirmation... then I'll move to drop people sooner.

PM and emailing those not financially committed presently.

1 person likes this.
  20. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

We're still in process... but I'd say of those yet to financially commit, we're about 50/50 in terms of those that have notified me they were backing out. Those people are saints, in my book. Takes guts to say you're backing out. I'd sweat it a bit myself.

Also have had the timbuktu issues as well... interesting stuff. (Edit: just had another Timbkutu'er in the moments since writing this post!)

Candidly, if I could improve one thing about this process, it would be that C&J would handle chasing after deal origination. I'm the one doing the legwork only for the benefit of a $0 MTO fee.

1 person likes this.