1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. mosy

mosy Senior member

Hey sorry about your experience. Can you show some pics.

2. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

[​IMG]

3. mosy

mosy Senior member

I see what you are saying. However they look sweet my friend.

By the way, is that the whiskey run on the 335?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. mosy

mosy Senior member

LINDRICK UPDATE 8/2:

Lauren had mistakenly omitted @Vincent Chanal from the paid list. Thanks Vincent!

@KPDarb sent payment yesterday. Thanks!

PAID LIST

@louisnkh
    @kwhitelaw
    @stephenaf2003
    @JayDotz
    @hautelook82
    @Vincent Chanal
    @KPDarb
    @mrsolitonwave

AWAITING CONFIRMATION:

@IGotId
    @sacMonkey
    @BackInTheJox

We are almost there!!

[​IMG]

Photo Credit: @BurntPockets

Edited to add @mrsolitonwave to the "paid" list - he was the mystery Nicholas S!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Now that I've ironed or my sizing, I'm just waiting to receive the passworded document from Lauren so I can give her my payment info.

6. mosy

mosy Senior member

Nice!

7. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

@Akeem

IDK why I feel compelled to say that this seems to be a very minor issue.

If you wouldn't have pointed it out, I would not have noticed.

However, I also know what its like to get your hopes up for a grail only to be let down...

Nevertheless, those are some incredible boots my friend. Enjoy them!

8. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Senior member

Holy Crap! It looks like you have each shoe on the wrong foot.

I'm with you Akeem, this is in no way minor, the shoes aren't crazy expensive, but it is clearly not something one would expect for the price one pays for them. I've never seen that before; that's really bad! Man, I hope I've not screwed up by ordering these shoes.

9. mosy

mosy Senior member

I think that's just the angle of the camera shot and the fact that they are on the 335 last. I don't believe that's his issue. His issue I think is that the eyelets don't meet up perfectly. And he's right about that. However overall it's hard to notice that. I would probably also be disappointed about it but I think it's something he'll stop noticing after a few wears and a million compliments.

10. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

it isn't a major issue, but one that you don't expect when you pay the single MTO fee. on to the next brand for me.

yes, 335 last @mosy

11. mosy

mosy Senior member

I'm with you re the single MTO fee.

12. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Oh wow....I didn't know you went that route....I thought these were a GMTO....

Hmmm......perhaps they may even out with some wear.

I have paid hefty single MTO fees and had the maker forget specs....very disappointing....

Best wishes.

13. mosy

mosy Senior member

By the way, were these pictured right out of the box, or did you condition these at all first? Also what kind of lighting for this shot?

14. BurntPockets

BurntPockets Senior member

It was straight out of the box, but I did swap out the laces for the Viberg narrow brown rubbery laces that usually come with the blind eyelet boots. It was shot in direct sunlight coming in from my window in the morning. I used a manual mirrorless camera to capture all the light (without the glare).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  15. BurntPockets

BurntPockets Senior member

Here's another comparison, shot right now with the sun setting in USA East coast time

Direct window sunlight (there is some nice burnish effect on my wing tip area):
    [​IMG]

Indirect sunlight in front of the window (much darker and consistent):
    [​IMG]

16. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Hello gents,

I wanted to give a heads up that I have removed myself from the Galway 2 GMTO. Its not reasonable for me at this point in time after the Lindrick and Warlow orders. I will likely be seeking out something else come winter but for now I won't be on the order. Sorry guys.

Thanks,
    Kevin

17. mosy

mosy Senior member

I bet your hoping you'll wake up to 40 degree weather tomorrow morning!!

18. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Senior member

ahh, ok. 335 last and weird angle, and my misunderstanding.

19. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

So I think I'm probably an idiot. When I talked to Lauren initially she had mentioned "a password protected document" as one of the options for payment, and I guess I assumed that was some document that she sends to me to fill out and return.

And so two days ago I emailed her requesting this - and haven't heard back. I'm guessing I'm stupid and she just meant that I should create a Word document with my payment info and put a password on it and email it to her?

One of those missing the forest for the trees moments.

20. mosy

mosy Senior member

No, you are smarter than you think lol. There is in fact a password protected document that she should have sent you. There are several of us who are waiting to hear from her regarding something or another and it seems like she may not have been in today. In addition I believe she is working on several MTO's at once, which I don't think is common for her. As such, I suspect her responses to everyone have been a bit slower than usual, with some things perhaps slipping through the cracks. I would suggest sending a follow up email.