1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

Any interest in a GMTO of a navy shell SWB on the 240 last (the BB Peal SWB), similar to this:

[​IMG]

(pic courtesy of Gabru)

2. mosy

mosy Senior member

@mosy
    @louisnkh
    @bcloudy
    @kwhitelaw
    @stephenaf2003
    @vincent
    @rssmsvc
    @KPDarb
    @JayDotz
    @IGotId
    @mrsolitonwave
    @sacMonkey (from reddit - doesn't seem to have SF username - how do i reach him?
    @BackInTheJox

I didn't hear back from Lauren today. I wonder if she was off since she's always been super responsive. Hopefully I'll hear back from her tomorrow regarding additional spec options and re moving forward with the order.

So far I haven't heard from anyone that they want to leave the group (except @bcloudy had offered to switch places with @BackInTheJox ). I will try to send out PM's to everyone as well to make sure. Some of you did reply here in the forum, but I'd like to touch base with all participants individually anyway.

Looking forward to a smooth and efficient GMTO!!

3. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

If the offer from @bcloudy is still good, I will accept his switch and take a spot among the hallowed 12.

4. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Yes, I believe Lauren is on vacation right now. I think she's back next week.

5. mosy

mosy Senior member

Ok good to know. Thanks.

To everyone on the Lindrick GMTO:

Assuming Lauren is back next week, let's try to get this thing finalized as soon as possible. I believe everyone will have to contact her individually and provide their sizes, (individual specs if available), shipping info, and payment info. Let's aim to have everyone's info submitted by the end of next week (or sooner).
    Thanks in advance to all of the awesome participants!

6. mosy

mosy Senior member

Import Tax / Shipping question:
    I've heard that shipments coming in to the USA that are worth less than $800 are not subject to the import tax. However, I personally have received shipments (from Spain and Germany) that were less than $800 value and I was charged tax by the carrier (DHL and UPS). Can someone clarify? My dilemma is that if I am part of 2 GMTO's, I can save a bit on shipping costs by combining shipping. However, by combining the shipping I am bringing up the value of the package to above $800. In that case I'll be losing more in taxes than I will be saving in shipping. So if someone can clarify I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

7. sacMonkey

sacMonkey New Member

8. bcloudy

bcloudy Member

@mosy and @BackInTheJox The offer is good, feel free to replace me.

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

The $800 limit has only been around since March.
    Previous GMTOs have been shipped with a customer friendly declaration.
    But I plan to have my orders shipped separate just to be sure to stay under the $800 limit.

10. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

Any interest in a GMTO Cavendish in Snuff suede? Pic on the left below:

[​IMG]

11. mosy

mosy Senior member

12. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Pretty sure this is a standard model? I saw them on sale recently. Forget where, but I think it was posted in the C&J thread earlier this week.

13. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

Really? Cool... couldn't find them in snuff on the C&J website in their US or UK model lists. @alexSF mentioned in the Quintessential C&J thread that this was an MTO that he did (photo was taken from his post regarding it)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  14. DieuEtLesDames

DieuEtLesDames Senior member

Are Snuff and Polo not the same color?

15. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

I understand polo is more red than snuff...

16. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Standard colour for the Cavendish is Polo Brown Suede which is more reddish,
    Snuff is more yellowish,
    Tobacco is also another colour and it's slightly lighter than Snuff.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  17. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

What is the name for the standard RL (CJ) Marlow wingtip edge/sole color? I think of "antique" (which is what's chosen for the current Lindrick and Warlow) as a sort of lighter color, whereas the stock Marlows seem to have a darker brown edge. Or are they the same thing?

18. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Hello everyone,

We have 12 for the Galway GMTO. I have been in touch with Pernilla and as of Wednesday there is no delay in production for this make up. I also asked about about the cost and specs and the make up as of now is:

• Galway 2
    • Brown Cordovan
    • 325 Last
    • 4 eyelets 4 speed hooks
    • Storm welt w/ antique finish
    • Danite sole
    • Price: £650 less VAT £541.67 ($701.46)

List as of Friday 7/8/16

@mosy
    @KPDarb
    @hoit1981
    @louisnkh
    @wooksb
    @Doubleskyline
    @Girardian
    @dfgiop
    @likethisnothat
    @jdoc4
    @Resistant
    @randomkoreandude

Ill be reaching out to everyone though PM to get this going! Thank you everyone and look forward to seeing these on feet in the future!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  19. devastitis

devastitis Senior member

There's some C&Js on sale at Frans Boone. Not sure if that's what you're talking about.

20. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Yep, that was it. Looks like it's the Vincent, not the Cavendish. Both are pretty nice though.