• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

dkotek

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to swap over to the Warlow and pass on the Harlech once we get some clarity on the pricing. Has the lead time been discussed yet?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No medallion is an option? I would actually prefer no medallion but didn't know there was an option to request no medallion. I will see what the majority vote is on this though and then decide

Yes I imagine it would be fine to leave off the medallion and I would be fine with that too.

What about the 335 last, should I see if we can change it to the 325?

kczsilence

Reaction score

Yes I imagine it would be fine to leave off the medallion and I would be fine with that too.

I don't actually know what the difference is between the two lasts so if there is somewhere I could educate myself, that'd be great. Though if you switch to the 325, wouldn't this boot effectively be the Coniston? Or are there enough differences between the two aside from the brogue? I do like the Coniston and was hoping to get that in dark brown or cigar brown so changing the last sounds great to me.

schmallo15

Reaction score

Honestly, I like it the way it is. I'm also not sure how accommodating C&J are to additional changes. I'm under the impression that they don't allow all that much variation (aside from leather and exposed eyelets) from the stock model for gMTOs

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, I like it the way it is. I'm also not sure how accommodating C&J are to additional changes. I'm under the impression that they don't allow all that much variation (aside from leather and exposed eyelets) from the stock model for gMTOs

I think you are correct in that changing lasts is probably very unlikely. I would have definitely thought they would remove the medallion though. Either way, it doesn't look like this GMTO is going to get off the ground in the near future - can't seem to get it up to the 12 orders :cloud:

kczsilence

Reaction score

I think you are correct in that changing lasts is probably very unlikely. I would have definitely thought they would remove the medallion though. Either way, it doesn't look like this GMTO is going to get off the ground in the near future - can't seem to get it up to the 12 orders :cloud:

Let me ask a couple of friends if they would be willing to jump in. Maybe I can get one.

I'd still prefer no medallion but that's just me. I think it would actually be easier for them.

Kind of sad this and the Whiskey Harlech are both slowing down. Guess I'm saving money

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

This is regarding the Warlow from Lauren this morning:

[COLOR=1F497D]I hope you are well.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]I am still awaiting to hear back from the Factory in regards to this information.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Just to let you know I have not forgotten about you and as soon as I have a reply I will be able to pass this onto you.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Kindest regards,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Lauren Taylor[/COLOR]

We are on Standby...

Thanks.

mark me interested on the Warlow

itbegins

Reaction score

Gentlemen,

This is regarding the Warlow from Lauren this morning:

[COLOR=1F497D]I hope you are well.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]I am still awaiting to hear back from the Factory in regards to this information.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Just to let you know I have not forgotten about you and as soon as I have a reply I will be able to pass this onto you.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Kindest regards,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Lauren Taylor[/COLOR]

We are on Standby...

Thanks.

I'd also like to join team Warlow!

kczsilence

Reaction score
I was able to convince one friend to join in on dark brown shell Dundee only if the medallion is removed from the cap

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Here is the most current list for team Warlow:

@zippyh
@MyValentine
@chipshot
@bespoken pa
@Faster
@loxo
@Watchman1
@makewayhomer
@itbegins

Please let me know if I am missing anyone.

Also, I believe that this will be the first time this makeup has been done, so, truly a unique shoes.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I received correspondence from Lauren, she said:

"I have heard back from the Factory in regards to the pricing of the Warlow...To have these made up in the batch of 12 the price of these per pair would be £635.

The price of these minus VAT would be £529.17

I hope this helps with your enquiry and if you have any further questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to ask and I will be happy to help.

Kindest regards,

Lauren Taylor"

So, there you have it. About $760. Thats a competitive price for sure. A little cheaper than what I anticipated, due to the exchange rate I believe.

@zippyh
@MyValentine
@chipshot
@bespoken pa
@Faster
@loxo
@Watchman1
@makewayhomer
@itbegins

Last edited:

loxo

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

"I have heard back from the Factory in regards to the pricing of the Warlow...To have these made up in the batch of 12 the price of these per pair would be £635.

I hope this helps with your enquiry and if you have any further questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to ask and I will be happy to help.

Kindest regards,

Lauren Taylor"

So, there you have it. About $760. Thats a competitive price for sure. A little cheaper than what I anticipated, due to the exchange rate I believe.

@zippyh
@MyValentine
@chipshot
@bespoken pa
@Faster
@loxo
@Watchman1
@makewayhomer
@itbegins

That is a fantastic price for a custom shell cordovan shoe.

NewStart

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Kindest regards,

Lauren Taylor"

@zippyh
@MyValentine
@chipshot
@bespoken pa
@Faster
@loxo
@Watchman1
@makewayhomer
@itbegins

Well done - the price is definitely better that what have been previously quoted for boots and it is whiskey

gsgleason

Reaction score
I've heard it mentioned that the RL Marlow is not on the standard 325 last, but what they called the 'narrow fitting' 325 last. Can anyone confirm this?

Do we know if this will be in Horween shell, or another maker?

Lastly, can anyone say with absolute certainly how C&J label the RL line of shoes, regarding sizing, compared to the actual last size they're built on?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads