1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Great, lets keep that open for now and will see what majority agrees to. I want the boot bad enough to be swayed either side..

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I would also be interested. Whiskey or dark brown, funds permitting (in the midst of a home remodel).

3. louisnkh

louisnkh Member

Can you pls count me in first? But I would wait for further details of this boot to make a final decision.

4. wooksb

wooksb Senior member

I'd be down for a Whiskey or Dark Brown Gianni. I will go with the majority on any make-up details (Dainite or double leather, sticthing, etc.).

5. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Adding to the list for Gianni GMTO -

@Gabru
    @mosy
    @KPDarb
    @hoit1981
    @louisnkh
    @wooksb

That makes it 50% of the required 12 orders. Here is the make up I propose, feel free to suggest changes -

Model: Galway2
    Upper: Dark Brown Shell Cordovan
    Last: 325
    Width: Standard E (US D)
    Edging: Antique
    Sole: Dainite Sole in Dark Brown with a thin leather mid-sole OR Double Leather
    Welt: Flat Welt
    Eyelets: Dark Brown Eyelets & Speedhooks (4+4)

6. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

I think a storm welt works better on boots and the 325 last as a whole. I think it helps break up the height of the toe box and boot itself. Its not a deal breaker but I like it as it is on the standard Gianni/Galway. Just my thoughts but Ill see what comes with the majority.

1 person likes this.
  7. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

I am also fine with storm welt

1 person likes this.
  8. mosy

mosy Senior member

Storm welt yes. I also prefer all eyelets.

9. djohns7275

djohns7275 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Crockett & Jones whiskey cordovan belt . As I stated earlier Lauren said that at the moment Crockett & Jones wont make any whiskey cordovan belts. They have a limited number of whiskey shells and they want those for shoes.

I then contacted Betty at Carmina to see if they would make some saddle cordovan belts ''saddle appears to be Carmina's name for whiskey'' Betty informed me that Carmina are discontinuing the colour saddle and introducing two new cordovan colours , bourbon and armagnac . They will have shoes on their website in these colours shortly .Betty then said that all the bourbon and armagnac hides they have at the moment will be used for shoes.So it will be some time before that are prepared to make any cordovan belts in these colours . The number of orders for belts to get ihem at the standard 220 euros is six , otherwise it's 30% extra

10. mosy

mosy Senior member

Hi everyone. A few months back I stopped receiving emails when my subscribed threads are updated - I also stopped getting emails when I'm quoted. I don't know why this happened, as I did not change my settings. Either way, as a result it's been very difficult to keep track of the various MTO's, including the Lindrick, which I was trying to coordinate.

Therefore I've been thinking of possible ways to streamline the MTO process and make it easier for those who are arranging them, and for those who are participating, to keep track of the progress, as well as keep track of the options pertaining to specs. I also wanted something that could be centralized, so that anyone can take a look at any time and see all of the active MTO's.

To that end I've created a Google Sheet that I will share here. It currently has two tabs - one for the Lindrick, and one for the Gianni. Interested parties are listed in one column. All of the specs are listed in additional columns. If the arranger is not negotiable on certain specs, let's say he only wants to do it with a double leather sole, then he can pre-fill in that column all with double leather soles. If a spec is negotiable, and subject to a poll, then each individual will fill in his preference.

Any person can add tabs to suggest new MTO's. It will be up to each person to add their name and spec preferences, and up to the arranger to keep their eye on it. The link can be posted here however often someone wants - to call attention to their MTO, or to show the progress, etc.

Here is the link - let me know what you think:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ6_ctp_ElaAqFORjMMnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit?usp=sharing

** you can switch back and forth between MTO's by selecting tabs at the bottom left of the sheet. Each tab is named for that specific MTO e.g. "Lindrick".

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  11. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

So, Pernilla got back to me on Gianni GMTO-

Excerpt from her Email -

It is possible to make Galway 2 in Dark Brown cordovan.

For a group order I would expect the retail price to be approximately £700 less VAT £585.33 but will double check this with the factory, production time would be 14 – 16 weeks.

They are at present closed for their annual leave and will reopen on Monday 6th of June. I will contact them then for a more accurate quote and I will also find out about the Gianni style.

With regards to having this style made in Whiskey Cordovan it will depend on availability of the leather, I will of course enquire about this as well but I think there will be a delay on this. Using Whiskey may also increase the price.

I am sorry that I am not able to give a more specific answer at this time but will contact you as soon as I know more.

12. od1017

od1017 Senior member

She should be. I have emailed her for an update.

1 person likes this.
  13. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

Yes.

14. mosy

mosy Senior member

[​IMG]

Anyone who is interested in the Lindrick MTO should please access this link and fill in your info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ6_ctp_ElaAqFORjMMnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit?usp=sharing

Those of you who have shown interest in the last couple of days are already on there.

The only way I can manage this MTO is via this spreadsheet. Anyone can access it and edit it at anytime. Once we have 12 members we will proceed.

PS - I will do my best to PM those of you who were interested back when this first started.

Thanks!

15. Faster

Faster Senior member

For inspiration Harlech+Whiskey day

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. mosy

mosy Senior member

[​IMG]

OK, we are at 6 - halfway there. Here is the link to use should you want to join:

17. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

im in on the lindrick, info added

bunch of enablers

18. Doubleskyline

Doubleskyline New Member

New to the site. Really excited with the MTO on the Gianni boots.

Do we narrow down to some of the details?

The stock RL Gianni has +1 more eyelet.

The one currently sold at grafford.se is the cordovan version, but somewhat with flat welt and hidden eyelet?

Anyhow...
    [​IMG]

19. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

I've added you to the list for Gianni on the spreadsheet.
    Sure, it's quite unique design compared to cap toes and wing tips. And not readily available easily.
    I posted the details couple of posts back and are also listed on the spreadsheet. For the eyelets, I also noted that RL Gianni had +1 additional eyelet and I think that made it somewhat taller than Lindrick. But, I'd much prefer the standard Galway2 design with 4+4

Let me know if you think of anything else.

As of now, we have potentially 8 participants for this GMTO, need just 4 more ...

20. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

That's a beautiful boot.