• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13 i believe as I was a little late getting on the order... That whiskey adds versatility to wearer. The lighter color plays well out here in the Wild West!

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BootSpell

^^. Thanks for the info, guys. I hope all the makeup details get the thumbs up from the factory. I can't see why they wouldn't as we didn't ask for anything outlandish.

So, the wait begins. Anticipation is almost half the joy.
Hmmm. ... only 12 pairs of boots in rare whiskey cordovan
laugh.gif

You're absolutely right! Totally outlandish (in the Alden world)...

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some folks (hoit) have an eagle eye. I wouldn't have thought to look at the label on the box.

Even accounting for the lighting or the flash, the color of those looks much lighter than my dark brown Harlechs. It almost looks like the color of the whiskey swatch that hoit posted and that I saw at the Jermyn St store.

I know some others on this mto are hoping that the c&j whiskey doesn't turn out too light, but since I just got the dark brown Harlechs, I'm hoping they don't turn out too dark. I hope they're darker than Alden whiskey, though. I wouldn't complain if they turned out like ravello.

Is anyone else contemplating ordering the c&j shoe trees? I wasn't going to because of the cost, but am tempted to now just to make this whole thing just a little more special. One concern is that I think the c&j trees are varnished, aren't they? Almost defeats some of the purpose of using trees, no?

alexandchau

Reaction score
BootSpell, I also already have the Lindrick boot and just recently the Gianni in dark brown so I wouldn't mind it to turn out lighter either. A few shades darker than Alden Whiskey would be perfect. I'm with you on the shoe trees. I'm thinking of getting them as well.
smile.gif

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody remember the cost of trees? +1 on the darker than Alden Whiskey. I've seen the whiskey penny in the wild, I ordered them but the fit was poor so I sent them back. The whiskey was most definitely darker than Alden's .. Which I own too.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be .. Thanks for the suggestion, I have tons of those with the racks .. Great deal ther for sure. Thought one just specific to the 341 might be nice. Enjoy your Sunday..

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Likewise my friend. I'll be stopping by Jos. A. Banks later. ^^^

alexandchau

Reaction score

Does anybody remember the cost of trees? +1 on the darker than Alden Whiskey. I've seen the whiskey penny in the wild, I ordered them but the fit was poor so I sent them back. The whiskey was most definitely darker than Alden's .. Which I own too.

I think it's 50 gbp excluding VAT. It may also cost a few more pounds to ship them along with the Harlechs Perhaps we can talk them into giving us some sort of a discount?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's 50 gbp excluding VAT. It may also cost a few more pounds to ship them along with the Harlechs Perhaps we can talk them into giving us some sort of a discount?

+1. Who's are William Shatner-like negotiator?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads