• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im guessing it would look a bit like this boot

in this (or similar) leather

NewStart

Reaction score
Thanks both - these look supercool

If we have enough extra 12, a run on this leather for the Skye would also sound very delicious to me

aglose

Reaction score
I'm still in. Don't care what pull tab, but I prefer the ones you posted a picture of things they are a bit more refined and allow for a bit more customization. Did we figure out if the full bellows will cost more or not? Either way, I'm still in for these since it will be a fantastic make up.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard from Crockett & Jones today and the zug is in the post! It should be with me tomorrow, so expect some pics. I already have a sample of Horween zug in oxblood I requested from A.A.Crack, so it will be interesting to see how it compares, or if its actually the same leather.

Also, as dddrees queried, I checked if there is a limit on how many pairs we can order. There is, it's 12. Any more is too disruptive to production. However, we may have enough to put in a second order, but this would need another 12 (and needs confirming with the factory). Initially I just thought we'd fill up the first 12 in the order people asked to be 'in' and then try for a second 12. But I guess another option would be to have two orders for two different specs, if that works out?!?

Conveniently 24 people have shown interest:

nigeljh
budapest12
BootSpell
NewStart
bespoken pa
crat
rydenfan
movoblast
Fred G. Unn
68Bullit
aglose
dddrees
Montecristo905
RogerP
Handcuffed
chocol8max
PartagasIV
tdes81
Mutombo
Deusis
MonotovsOpera
stevefok
Feathersmc
laufer

Please let me know if you're missing, want removing etc

The favoured spec at the moment seems to be:

• veldtschoen construction
  • zug leather
  • full bellows
  • speed hooks
  • commando sole
  • faux cap-toe
  • unlined shaft (as standard Snowdon)

I have one more thing to throw into the mix. Is anyone interested in trying to get the heel pull changed? So, instead of being straight it could be shaped in a similar way to the Galway, it then fits in nicely with the side stitching. Crocketts used to do this kind of heel pull on the Wicklow, so it may be possible.

Interested to hear your thoughts!

Once I've posted the leather we can start getting some definite names and get the order rolling....

I like your idea for the heel pull. But I can go either way. And thanks for all your efforts.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we go with pull tab The Galway style gets my vote.

@nigeljh Thanks again for your efforts.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks both - these look supercool

If we have enough extra 12, a run on this leather for the Skye would also sound very delicious to me

Personally I have a hard time envisioning Zug being used on a pair of Brogue Boots. Scotch Grain yes, Zug no.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you... Though I'm still confused!

Seems like zug used to be a brand name. But now it's a quasi generic term for a waterproof scotch grain?

NewStart

Reaction score

Personally I have a hard time envisioning Zug being used on a pair of Brogue Boots. Scotch Grain yes, Zug no.

Prob I haven't seen them in person, hence can not tell the appearance difference between the two

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prob I haven't seen them in person, hence can not tell the appearance difference between the two

The appearance between Zug and Country Calf is really quite the same. However the thickness of the Zug used on my Galways is quite different. Somehow it just doesn't seem an appropriate use or the right thing to do in my mind. Maybe it's just me.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super pumped for this i too like the commando soles, speed hooks, cap toe, and blind eyelets. Pull tabs are an option i am good with either way.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads