1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. HerrMunich

HerrMunich Member

This is tempting!! The main differences between the stock Skye2 and Lindrick seem to be:

Skye2 - speed hooks, brogued heel counter
    Lindrick - exposed eyelets, no speed hooks, brogued "ankle line"

Are there any other differences I'm missing?

What is the general consensus on speed hooks? I have somewhat limited experience with boots (which will hopefully change shortly, once the Dundee GTMO is finalized and moved towards production!), but it seems the speed hooks would be beneficial.

2. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

I prefer speed hooks to all eyelets. For me, it's easier to get the boots on/off with speed hooks. Some say it's just as easy with all eyelets but I've not found it to be the case for me personally.

The common complaints about speed hooks seem to be:
    1. Less aesthetically pleasing than all eyelets - although that's in the eye of the beholder
    2. Catches on pant legs - has not happened to me that I can remember
    3. Scratches the shoe/boot when crossing legs - happens to me on occasion but not often

3. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Actually you don't need to organize a GMTO for Dark brown shell skye 2. Borwn shell skye2 is a stock model and you can order it directly from C&J. http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/skye-2-darkbrown-cordovan

For me, I much prefer Lindrick than Skye2......I think mostly because of the last.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yes it's been confirmed by Lauren. We only have 11 participants for the Dundee. We need to find another person to get this GMTO moving.

5. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Thank you for your help with the sizing of this last yesterday.

I was also looking at some other recommendations that said that the 335 last was a half size larger than the 325 and one should size a full size down from barrie converted to UK, which would make my size a 8.0E UK (from 9D barrie) for the 335 last and 8.5E UK for the 325 last.

Does this make sense..

6. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

I'm not C&J sizing expert, so take heed, but Lauren told me that they suggest the same size across all lasts. i wear an UK 8E on the 341 last and that's what I ordered for the 335 lasted Dundee. I'm an 8.5D or 9C on the alden barrie last if that helps, but everyone's feet are different. call a C&J store they can probably talk you through it.

7. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Thank you.. How does the 341 fit you in 8E.. Could you have fit in a 7.5 UK

8. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I'm a U.S. 9D and the fit on a UK 8E is snug. I don't think I could go down to UK 7.5E

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

This is the same for me. I'm a US13D Brannock. I wear UK12E in all C&J. I think you would have to have a very flat, narrow foot to fit into 1.5 down from Brannock.

10. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Whoops I should have mentioned I meant on the 341. The 325 is looser on me.

11. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

no way, would have been too short for my heel to ball measurement and my toes would be scrunched. pretty happy with the 8E.

12. HerrMunich

HerrMunich Member

I'm not entirely sure I follow - I was under the impression that C&J's 325 and 335 lasts were pretty similar - is that not the case?

To your other point about being able to order the stock Skye2 model - the webpage you links lists it at $1150...which is markedly higher than the prices being quotes for these GTMOs! Am I missing anything here as well? :)

13. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

If you visit the UK site, the price of shell skye2 is £675, I think the price should be include VAT. That said, the price is close or even lower than the GMTO price after you take off the VAT.

325 and 335 are both round toe last, but 325 is sleeker.

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I find the 325 and 335 pretty similar.

Not sure where you're seeing $1150. That might be the US retail price.
    I see 675GBP on that C&J link. But that's with 20% VAT included. Divide by 1.2 to get 562GBP or about $800.
    Contact one of the UK stores and order it from them.

15. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Yeah that's the price in NYC.

16. BurntPockets

BurntPockets Senior member

Looking for more participants for the Lindrick GMTO, let me know if anyone else wants to get on board

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Still on the lookout for another Dundee GMTO participant. PM me with any questions.

18. kjart

kjart Active Member

Quick question - are C&J GMTO's locked in on 1 width, or are multiple widths allowed? Apologies in advance if this is answered elsewhere in the thread.

19. laufer

laufer Senior member

One width only.
    There are only few lasts that I made in wide or narrow widths. For example Radstock is made only in narrow C and wide G width.

20. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

Lauren told me that C&J had never made this boot in cordovan before. They should make the 12th just for posterity.

Or she could charge the other 11 of us an extra $75 just to fill the order. I would pay. I am half joking.