• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I also want to thank @Papa Doble, who instigated the GMTO. Without him, this wouldn't be happening.

It's awesome that this GMTO went through. I'll surely be jealous when they're delivered.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last change for a cordovan GMTO before next price increase!

Gents, I have now received a price confirmation from Lauren, at the price will be 700 pounds VAT included. I'm still awaiting the price in dollars and ex. VAT, but I guess the experienced subscribers of you can do the math yourselves :)

Anyway, as mentioned in my post below, C&J will be doing another price hike in August and hence this is the last time for a GMTO before the new prices are implemented. Lauren has kindly let us have this price even if we should only be able to fulfill the subscriptions in August. But since GMTOs are done in batches of 12, better send your commitment now before anyone else takes the spot in front of you :smarmy:

Below are the details with an updated list of participants.

Cheers,
SKM

Lindrick Shell Cordovan GMTO

Gents,

As you maybe noticed I tried to drum up interest for the old Ralph Lauren style Lindrick in whiskey Shell cordovan. However, after some discussion with Lauren it was clear that the order couldn't be placed before early 2016 due to the infamous shell shortage, and moreover that we can't even "reserve" the hides for the production since retailers have privilege. Also, C&J will be implementing yet another price increase in August whick would affect the order. For all these reasons I found it better to keep the make up in dark brown shell, similar to the original, since this order can be placed before the price increase. Only difference from the original will be speedhooks. The details will then be:

• Style: Lindrick
  • Last: Similar to original (can't remember number)
  • Colour: dark brown shell cordovan
  • Sole: Double leather
  • Welt: Storm
  • Eyelets: Metal + speedhooks
  • Price: Not yet confirmed, but in the range of 650-750 pounds VAT included 700 pounds VAT included

Some more very appetizing photos can be seen here.

So far I have the following down:
@S K M
@Cjwylie
@Fleh
@neelp3
@aldenfan
@NewStart

Anyone else interested please contact me asap, so we can place the order before the price increase in August. When doing firm commitments, kindly also state your private email, since I reckon it's easier to keep track of people this way (will of course email people in full descretion). I hope to receive confirmation of the final price from Lauren later today or tomorrow.

Let's go! :slayer:

Last edited:

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Today, I received the last details from Lauren regarding ex. VAT prices, last, and shipping quotes. It has all been updated in the list below, as have the members interested. Please note that as of now there's only five slots left for this brilliant make up, and a friend of mine (who's not on SF) is considering to join which could quickly make it four. In other words: hurry up and contact me if you want a pair! :)

Cheers,
Soren

Lindrick Shell Cordovan GMTO

• Style: Lindrick
  • Last: 325
  • Colour: dark brown shell cordovan
  • Sole: Double leather
  • Welt: Storm
  • Eyelets: Metal + speedhooks
  • Price: 583.33 pounds excl. VAT, or 700 incl. VAT

Shoe trees will be an extra 50/60 pounds (excl./incl. VAT), and shipping will be 10 pounds for the UK and 30 pounds for EU and the states – the rest of the world I believe will be around 50 pounds.

Some more very appetizing photos can be seen here.

So far I have the following down:
    @S K M
    @Cjwylie
    @Fleh
    @neelp3
    @aldenfan
    @NewStart
    @vispillo

Anyone else interested please contact me asap, so we can place the order before the price increase in August. When doing firm commitments, kindly also state your private email, since I reckon it's easier to keep track of people this way (will of course email people in full descretion). I hope to receive confirmation of the final price from Lauren later today or tomorrow.

Let's go! :slayer:

gsgleason

Reaction score
Two quick questions:

1: is this the exact same last as the RL Marlow wingtip blucher?
2: Is this any different than the stock RL Llindrick?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two quick questions:

Speed hooks instead of eyelets sans tab.

Should be a nice makeup but doesn't look like the requisite 12 on board as of yet...

Last edited:

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two quick questions:

Chipshot is right, the only difference is the speed hooks. But as the Lindrick is discontinued it should be mentioned that this is the only chance to get them (from new), especially before C&J's next price increase...

gsgleason

Reaction score
I'm interested, but am concerned with sizing. My own CJ are the RL Marlow, which barely fit. I'd want to size up from those.

Can someone tell me what the actual (UK) size of my 11.5 labelled RL Marlows are? Should I contact C&J directly?

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm interested, but am concerned with sizing. My own CJ are the RL Marlow, which barely fit. I'd want to size up from those.

Can someone tell me what the actual (UK) size of my 11.5 labelled RL Marlows are? Should I contact C&J directly?

Definitely the safest bet. But if you have a C&J retail near where you live, you could stop by and try the last as quite a lot of their shoes are made on it, including the Coniston. Let me know if I should add you to the list :)

Best,
SKM

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crockett & Jones Made-to-Order Lowndes Double Monk in Whiskey Shell Cordovan.
Those are beautiful and will serve you well in the Southwest... From the beaches to Palm Springs to Tahoe. Well done and a great build.
-Mike

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents,

Today, I received the last details from Lauren regarding ex. VAT prices, last, and shipping quotes. It has all been updated in the list below, as have the members interested. Please note that as of now there's only five slots left for this brilliant make up, and a friend of mine (who's not on SF) is considering to join which could quickly make it four. In other words: hurry up and contact me if you want a pair! :)

Cheers,
Soren

Sweet let me know when your getting close to 12

gsgleason

Reaction score

Definitely the safest bet. But if you have a C&J retail near where you live, you could stop by and try the last as quite a lot of their shoes are made on it, including the Coniston. Let me know if I should add you to the list :)

Best,
SKM

Unfortunately there are no retailers around me at all. I have contacted C&J via their web site. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet let me know when your getting close to 12

Well we soon are if you join :)

Unfortunately there are no retailers around me at all. I have contacted C&J via their web site. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

They usually do, and if not I guess they can help you with sizing in the C&J for RL thread. If you wanna join please send me a PM, since you don't have to confirm your size before the order is actually placed. It will have to be E-width, though.

Cheers,
SKM

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads