1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Distinguished Member

Well it's going to be an easy fix - simply a case of paying a cobbler to do it. B Nelson charges $5 an eyelet, so $80 per pair of boots. If C&J screwed up then they should take care of you guys, it just becomes a case of how.

2. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

I wouldn't change a thing.. These boots are perfect! At least roll with them for awhile then change out later. Had I done eyelets I would have done all of them as in Lindrick.

3. NewStart

NewStart Senior Member

Or don't even try them on - flip them over as quickly as you can- i am sure there will be lots of guys willing to take over this beauty from you after the pictures (including myself if size 7.5UK is available)

4. tdes81

tdes81 Senior Member

Got my Skyes today as well! Hot damn these are nice.

[​IMG]

5. tdes81

tdes81 Senior Member

On another note, what products are you gents using to condition your whiskey shell? Need to grab something to keep these nicely.

6. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

Those look incredible. Wing tips are amazing. Congrats. Hopefully there will be another one in the future.

7. S K M

S K M Senior Member

There will be an almost similar make up of the Lindrick, see my post on the last page. Details are being finished now, but unfortunately delivery won't be before 2016 due to lack of whiskey shell...

8. KPDarb

KPDarb Distinguished Member

I saw and was initially excited because I love all exposed eyelets. However, the ankle brouging still doesn't jive with me for whatever reason. Is there a story behind why it's designed like that? I only imagine it's means to show below a hem line.

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Distinguished Member

I use saphir neutral.

10. TommyB

TommyB Senior Member

Hi everybody,

Of the first 12 on the list, seven or maybe eight have confirmed with Lauren at C&J that they're in. So I'm moving down the list, and will contact every single name that is still left to finally get 12 confirmed buyers.

In the end, there might still be an open spot or two, so if you're interested in the Whiskey Shell Harlech boots (see specs and a picture a few pages back), feel free to PM me. But only if you're certain you will go through with the purchase if you get the chance. (Full payment upfront: £700 including VAT + shipping for European customers. The price to have these minus VAT will be £583.33 + shipping.)

This order will be submitted to the factory as soon as we have 12 people, so if instant gratification is your thing, this is the closest you'll get when it comes to a Whiskey Shell Harlech boot!

This is the current list. I'm only 90% sure who are not in, so I'm including everyone.

1. Reserved for C&J
    2. @NewYawker
    3. @skeen7908
    4. @TommyB
    5. @Kirill Skok
    6. @jkater1
    7. @KPAO182
    8. @tanbar
    9. @Skyfell
    10. @omicron1792
    11. @Cjwylie
    12. @saurabh
    13. @felconzeng
    14. @rssmsvc
    15. @Churchill W
    16. @od1017

-Tommy

Edit: For newcomers, here's what the boot will look like, except it will have a double leather sole instead of a Dainite sole. (Hope it's okay to use your picture, @mdubs !)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015

11. od1017

od1017 Senior Member

Hi TommyB, I have sent you a PM!

12. TommyB

TommyB Senior Member

Cool, just replied to it.

13. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

Emailed Lauren. Have not heard back yet. BTW anyone have sizing advice for this. Conflicted on whether I should go UK 8 or 7.5.

I am Brannock US 9D, Marlow US 8.5 E, 325 last UK 8E, 224 last UK8E.

Usually I would just go with a UK 8E, but I'm concerned this is a boot and will fit looser.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

If you're an 8e in the 325, I think you're taking a risk in a 7.5e. The 341 has a pointier toe than the 325. I take the same size in both, and if anything, you can go larger more easily in a boot than a shoe. Good luck.

15. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

Thanks!