• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look amazing indeed. I sincerely hope that everyone got the sizing right. For me 335 last (non-shell boots) did not work. It is wide but shorter than my usual C&J size.

stevefok

Reaction score
I'm very interested.

What does C&J antique edge look like? Do you have pictures?
How would you size this relative to an Alden last?
How long would it take? And how would payment work? 25% down?

I'm interested. Do you know what sizes they can make it in? Also, do you know how the sizing will correlate to the RL version? I have feet that are on the larger side...

Yo Steve, the original Gianni was on last 325 so I don't understand the fit part of your statement... BTW keep me posted on these.. I might need a storm welted boot for inclement weather. I can attest to the C&J Storm Welt holding up very well for me in 4 inches of H2O. My feet stayed dry. Boot was C&J Shell by BB. These would also be sick in Whiskey or even Burgundy. Have a nice weekend Sir!

Hey guys! Thanks for your interest. Just got the reply from Lauren @ CJ and double confirmed that the Gianni is on 325 last.

@Handcuffed I am US 7.5D in alden barrie and I am UK 7E in CJ 325 last ( for a sung fit, UK 6.5E is OK too). You could find more sizing help in the C&J thread.

It would take around 3-4 months after everyone has paid. Payment is directly to C&J with Credit Card. Full payment is needed.

@aldenfan You can choose from UK size 5 – 13 (including half size), but it only in E-width (equivalent to D width in US size)

@chipshot Thanks for your interest Sir! Glad if you are getting on board!

Last edited:

schmallo15

Reaction score

Skye 2's are in. I included a pair of Trickers Tec cordovan and Carmina's Cognac for color comparison.

These look great. I'm looking forward to receiving mine but I thought the original specs for the boot were for exposed brown eyelets and hooks. These look to have blind eyelets

Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Wingtip Boot
Last: 335
Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Sole: Double Leather Sole
Eyelets: 4 Exposed Brown Metal + 4 Brown Metal Hooks (Similar to the Skye 2 in Snuff Suede)
Welt: Storm - Possibly flat if possible
Edging: Antique

Cjwylie

Reaction score
Good catch and I think your correct. I had forgotten until you mentioned it. Anyone know if specs were changer or it was a mistake?

Cjwylie

Reaction score

Good catch and I think your correct. I had forgotten until you mentioned it. Anyone know if specs were changer or it was a mistake?

These look great. I'm looking forward to receiving mine but I thought the original specs for the boot were for exposed brown eyelets and hooks. These look to have blind eyelets

Eyelets: 4 Exposed Brown Metal + 4 Brown Metal Hooks (Similar to the Skye 2 in Snuff Suede)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mine showed up today too.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Mine showed up today too.

They look great, but that was a mistake, it was supposed to have exposed brown metal eyelets with hooks just like the Snuff version does... Either way, they still are a gorgeous boot!

-Mike

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic boots, congrats gents! This boot simply looks great in this exact shade of shell!

Makes me look even more forward to the Lindrick in whiskey Shell, which I hope to officially open the pre-order for later today or tomorrow :)

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that C&J NY has a relationship with B Nelson. I wonder if, for the US customers at least, C&J would be open to getting these fixed to original spec using Nick V? Seems like exposed eyelets would work really well on these beuts.

schmallo15

Reaction score

I know that C&J NY has a relationship with B Nelson. I wonder if, for the US customers at least, C&J would be open to getting these fixed to original spec using Nick V? Seems like exposed eyelets would work really well on these beuts.

I'm not based in the US but I'd like to understand what our options are as well. While I don't want to make a big stink about this, the exposed eyelets were a big part of the reason that I ordered the boots.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads